Ratings for Dr. Julia Desiree Pineda

I have been with Dr. Pineda for 13 years, and I adore her. She is such an attentive physician, and has helped me maintain my health for all these years. She spends as much time with me as I need to discuss matters and ask questions. She has squeezed me in every time that same time I have been sick and needed her attention. Because she is so thorough, she truly has kept me healthy as I possibly can be. Even the slight punctuality issues do not phase me because I know that she is giving her patients the time they need and deserve. I just appreciate that I get that same quality time with her.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr Pineda and staff is great. I usually do have to wait 15-20 minutes to see her, but she spends quite a bit if time with me also. She is very knowledgable and scientific. She comes off very well. She doesn't make you feel inferior like some doctors can. I have recommended her to family and friends. I receive my lab results online and she also will communicate over email which has been very helpful.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

flag | Submitted September 11, 2011

hope this will help you. I was having lots of symptoms, and I told her that my symptoms included pins and needle pains, headache, her answers were "you always have strange symptoms" so after suffering for months, I finally went to second dr. just to find out that i had high sugar level in my blood, and my thyroid was acting up. If only I did not waste my time and money with Dr. Pineda, it was easily prevented issue now, i have to live with this pain. Please stay away from her.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

I have recommended Dr. Pineda to over 15 of my friends and family and they all sing her praise. Not only is she an exemplary medical professional, but she is also well educated in computer technology which makes it easy for her to access and document your file accurately during your visit, and instantly print out referrals and prescriptions. During my visits she follows up on previous issues and addresses any issues that I may have currently and provides correct diagnosis and solutions to my medical problems. Her office staff is great!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Pineda's for over 10 years and I feel very lucky to have found her. Her staff always treats me with respect and warmth, but without being artificially chummy. Dr. Pineda herself is attentive, talks to each patient, and listens. She personally calls me with information or test results. I would recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I have found Dr. Pineda to be very thorough, taking the time to listen and to carefully diagnose each concern -- much more so than other doctors I've been too. In the past ten years, she is the only doctor who has correctly diagnosed and properly treated my medical problems. While I don't always have to wait for very long, when I do, I feel that it is worth it. The complaints about her supposed dismissiveness sound like personal issues.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

Desiree Pineda has been my primary physician for almost 15 years. I find her knowledgeable and helpful, good medicine. She is capable of telling what you need to know, like it or not, but at the same time she is an extremely caring and loving person. I know she is taking good care of me. I would recommend her without reservation.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2008

I am very grateful to have Dr. Pineda as my primary care doctor and endocrinologist. She found that I had diabetes even before any symptoms appeared(while my previous board certified physician had not identified the diabetes). She is not only an excellent doctor, but also a compassionate one. She takes time with her patients and does not rush through the exam. Her office is very convenient to the Foggy Bottom Metro (10 minute walk). Her office staff are exceptionally welcoming and friendly. Dr. Pineda personally returns phone messages that same day. Prior to seeing Dr. Pineda for the first time 3 years ago, she was recommended to me by two different doctors (one a board certified surgeon and the second a board certified internal medicine physician). They both said she is a very good endocrinologist and a doctor who cares about her patients well-being.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2007

Be prepared to wait about 2-3 hours after you appointment time. She overbooks and does not appologize for it at all. Her staff is nice but they even complain about her and how she treats her patients. After 2-3 hours of waiting she lets you in and starts typing in her computer...it's all about the codes she can punch in and later charge the insurance. Keep away...

flag | Submitted July 27, 2007