Ratings for Dr. Joseph H. Banks

Creepy - protect your kids and stay away - inappropriate touching

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I used to go to NW Ped and saw Dr Banks a few times. He was OK but I was not impressed with anything special. One time my 2 yr old wanted to explore the office (yes, it is not good and I did try to stop her) after seeing doctor, and he was obviously annoyed and made a comment as if I don't know how to handle my own child. I have seen too many dr turn overs. While longer walk-in time was great, I felt this office is too business-like (start seeing many posts that warn about misc fees and such). In the end I removed my daughter from this practice a year ago.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Dr. Banks is terrible. He is rude, mean and arrogant. He put his hand over my crying babies mouth on his first visit. He makes innapropriate comments to me and my teen daughter. He always has to comment on my attire or tan...way too much focus on the "mom" and not the child.His license has just been reinstated with the restriction of a third party being present in the exam room..he does not comply. He saw my grandson(he was scheduled to see his reg physician), with no notice and was in the room by himself. We have changed practices since, they are terrible.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

i used to go to dr. banks as a kid, and i remember him always making jokes at the expense of me. joking about me being chubby and needing exercise, and about how i developed breasts early. they really hurt my feelings and i always hated going to the doctors office because i was afraid that he would tease me. take your kids somewhere else.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

My children do not like seeing him because he has said things to them that are rude and inconsiderate.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2010

Dr. Banks has been our physician for over 10 years to my three kids and we hae never had a problem with him. He has a quirky sense of humor, but he is caring and always made himself available to us-even helped us on the phone a lot with problems. He was always up to date on the latest ADHD information and always asked how "mom" was doing. In 44 years of practice and 10 years of experience with our family, there have been no other incidents reported. That should tell you something. This woman probably misinterpreted a caring hug. He had to plead "no contest" for fear of a trial where the jury would believe a woman for sure and find him guilty. He had no choice-he couldn't fight it. We miss him and still go to his practice. People that start untrue rumors should be held accountable and learn to keep their mouths shut-especially when it can end a career and business. The media should also be ashamed without getting his side of the story instead of using it as a "shock" headline.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Dr. Banks is a mean physicain. My daughter (9 months old) had a binky when he came into the room to examine her, as she was sitting on my lab he jerked the binky from her mouth and threw it across the room but when he did that his finger nail scratch her lip and nose which started to bleed. I then got up and left. So long jerk!!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

Doctor Accused Of Sexual Imposition The State Medical Board suspended the license of Dr. Joseph Banks for at least 18 months. Dr. Banks is accused of groping a young girl. Now as Carol Luper explains, he will have to close his medical practice.Doctor Accused Of Sexual Imposition Posted: Wednesday, May 13 2009, 07:51 PM EDT STAY AWAY!!! Protect your children (and yourself) from this practice. Check out channel 6 for the story and information about his guilty plea. If you have experienced any unprofessional behavior with Dr. Banks PLEASE contact the Dublin Police Department and The State kof Ohio Medical Board!!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

We were with NW Pediatrics for almost 3 years then decided to change doctor for our son. When my son had a ferbrille seizure becuase of the high fever, we went to see doctor Banks. He didn't even swap for strep throat to make sure it wasn't strep and sent us home. That night, my son had another seizure and we took him to the emergency room. He ended up getting the right diagnoses and got an antibiotic shot. We were so angry at doctor Banks's comment when I pull out my note from my pocket to ask him questions on the sick visit. He said "you're at the walk in and not well visit. we don't have time to go through all youy hundred questions" Most parents will know how I feel. When your child is sick, you can't remember everything because you are worried. I had to write everything down so I don't forget to ask! They were legitimate questions, like how much should I give him Tylenol because his weight increase! Finally we found another doctor who has "time" for us. So long dr.Banks

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

Dr. Banks makes rude comments to both us and our child. He makes inappropriate comments and jokes about mastubation to my son in our presence. Dublin Police were investing a complaint a woman made about his behavior with her in the office. We are looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008