Ratings for Dr. Donald A. O'Kieffe

Dr. O'Keiffe is fantastic. He always takes time to listen and explain. I did have to wait longer to see him this time, but he never rushes through the visit.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Probably one of the rudest doctors I ever encountered. He admonished me for changing doctors within the practice. As a patient, it's my right to find a doctor that I can relate to and don't need anyone treating me so disrespectfully. He's too abrupt for me. I have no idea about his professional skills, because I was focused on his poor behavior.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Above and beyond. Dr O is the absolute best. My father who hardly ever got sick was not feeling well. He had been to multiple doctors and specialists. Had lots of testing, but no one could tell us what was wrong. The second Dr O saw him he knew he had edema and his liver/ kidneys were failing but wanted to do tests. Turns out Dad who drank a lot had cirrosis of the liver. Living in an area with not the best medical choices my Dad didn't have a primary care doctor. I asked Dr O if he would help us. He agreed and arranged all hospital admissions at the last minute as needed. He came to the hospital every evening to check on him. As he was dying and we took care of dad at his home, Dr O made himself available by phone whenever we called. Dad died two and a half months later at home. Dr O is the kind of Dr you only see on TV or read about in books. We were very fortunate to have found him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

I have been a patient since 1977. He is the best doctor I have every gone to. Besides doing all my colonoscopies over the years, he has been my primary-care physician. He absolutely knows what he is doing and is attentive and interested in my welfare. Many years ago when my father was visiting from out of state and ended up in the emergency room, Dr. O came to the emergency room to check on him even though it was a Sunday.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

I have seen this doctor for over 20 years for a variety of matters.He is a meticulous and careful listener and the best diagnostician with whom I have ever dealt. During the last six months, he was able to correctly diagnose and treat a gastrointestinal ailment that had eluded identification by several other doctors despite numerous CAT scans and other procedures. I rate him a 5+.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I went there because I had stomach problems obviously, I was fist given a treatment and they did blood tests. After 2 months trying to call the doctor's office to find out the results for H Pylori test and for potential other treatment of my condition, the doctor would never try to call me to give me my results and everyone at the doctor's office is telling me that he is the only one able to give me my results, what is wrong with this doctor, why did I even pay for such service

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

Dr. Donald A. O'Kieffe's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1964)