Ratings for Dr. Heidi M. Larson

I have seen this doctor twice. Both times she was not interested in helping. Both times she claimed she had that condition and both times she had no advice or direction on how to help, or resolve the issue. The first visit I was in extreme pain (level 10) ... although my pain has subsided, I am still having trouble over a year later. The second visit, I was seen for 3 minutes and told that she had that condition but didn't know what it was and offered no direction on what I should do. I find it ironic that both times I have seen her, she had that same problem but couldn't offer any advice on what I should do? ... that doesn't make sense to me for a Dr. to have an issue but can't direct you on what you should do ... what did she do for that condition? I have seen this doctor twice. Both times she was not interested in helping. Both times she claimed she had that condition and both times she had no advice or direction on how to help, or resolve the issue. The first visit I was in extreme pain (level 10) ... although my pain has subsided, I am still having trouble over a year later. The second visit, I was seen for 3 minutes and told that she had that condition but didn't know what it was and offered no direction on what I should do. I find it ironic that both times I have seen her, she had that same problem but couldn't offer any advice on what I should do? ... that doesn't make sense to me for a Dr. to have an issue but can't direct you on what you should do ... what did she do for that condition?

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

I went to Heidi Larson after not having seen an MD for many years. I believe she has gone out of business now. I had a very poor experience with her. I didn't have my shots record and her NP came in and told me that Dr. Larson won't let me leave without some shots. I thought that this was very inappropriate as they didn't even KNOW what my shot records contained. She gave me a sad pathetic "breast exam" having me press on a rubber breast from the 1970s. She didn't want to talk about birth control, she basically just read me the side effects and the risks. Poor communication skills. Really sad. She also didn't listen to my concerns and dwelled on the fact that I had an occasional once or twice a year cigarette. I left and I knew I would never be back again.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Dr. Larson is not at all competent. She has my height and weight wrong in my chart. She uses way outdated methods for test. I have been seeing her for the last three years. I will not be going back. She is friendly in a fake kind of way. She also wrote down my diagnosis wrong. I was seeing her for an eating disorder and she asked me what I thought I had. Her front desk person is also terrible. She does a lot of the work without fully listening. This practice should be shut down.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Larson's for 10 years and I am incredibly impressed with her and her entire staff. Dr. Larson always takes the time to hear my "side" of the story before offering a diagnosis or a solution. In a day and age where most doctors are impatient and quick to "solve the problem" without truly understanding the patients story, needs, and concerns, it's a breath of fresh air to be her patient. One of the reasons I chose her as my primary care physician is because of her knowledge and connections with specialists within the Portland region. Dr. Larson's "what else should I know" consultive approach to medicine is what should be taught by every medical school in the country.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

I had hoped to build a strong, collaborative relationship with a doctor, but clearly she's not the one. Dr. Larsen consistently disregards my concerns, uses scare tactics to "motivate" me, is ill-prepared for scheduled visits and procedures, seems rushed, distracted, and annoyed when she meets with me, and she makes jokes about my serious health conditions. I am eager to find a new doctor. I highly recommend patients look elsewhere if they want competent, compassionate, and skillful care.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

This doctor claims to be a diabetes specialist yet doesn't even use the medically accepted evidence based medicine used to accurately diagnose it. I wonder how many people she has told they have diabetes by doing a non fasting diabetes test. I was almost one of them, thank goodness I have a medical back ground and sought other opinions and had the real test! Her office is cute but definitely not clean for a doctors office. I do not recommend this doctor. I am sure she is fine for basic needs but that's it. I personally want a doctor who doesn't make her own rules and one tht I can trust will know what they are doing and if they don't, they will refer me to a specialist. She is too arrogant.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Heidi Larson from around 1997 until mid-2005. I had hoped to build a working relationship with a doctor so we could share responsibilities for my health as I went through mid-life and into the aging process. I discussed this on my first and second visits to Dr. Larson and trusted her to understand and share my desires. After several years of typical and normal checkups, she balked at my need for hormone replacement therapy. A year or so later, she offered minimal antibiotics against a clear infection of Lyme disease. Finally in 2005 she mis-diagnosed me as having diabetes and early kidney failure, based on poor tests that were hastily done without proper preparation procedures. I sent a letter relating my discomfort with her assessments, but she curtly replied that she was "not able to take the time" to explain my concerns after any future appointments. I still have negative impact from this experience.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

A wonderful kind and very caring medical professional. Dr. Larson has taken care of me for many years and not once during this time have i had anything but the utmost in care. Her staff reflects her care and concern for the patient. she treats my wife and friends as well and i refer all my friends to her. Dr. Larson is an above average Doctor in this day and age focusing on the patient.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Once I communicated carefully about details of conditions and concern about drug interactions, she was more focused. I think most patients just follow orders. She is good once a rapport is established

flag | Submitted December 20, 2009

Dr. Heidi M. Larson's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

HealthFirst