Ratings for Dr. David S. Sax

I ended up with a staph infection after mohs surgery at this clinic. Severe headache for a month after he cut a nerve above my eye. Staff was uncaring and unresponsive. Everytime I tried to schedule a follow up visit for help the office staff would call me and push back my appointment. I has to go to my primary doctor for follow up care. They need to focus on quality and not quantity of patient care. Dark hair older lady at checkout is just plain hateful.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I found this dr. to be professional and very helpful in explaining my issues.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Honestly, my experience was horrible. Has a tiny wart in my hand and had to go multiple times and Dr. Sax and staff froze it over and over again then gave me a chemical treatment made by a special pharmacy and now I have a hole in my hand. I was told that it would go away within a month. Six months later, I still have a hole in my hand. I was told by another doctor that he overdid it with the treatments which is an understatement. Also, I kept seeing his assistants instead of him.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Recently I had an appointment with Dr. Sax. I was called and told he was out of the office and moved over to Marla. To say the least, I was quite disappointed in my visit. I have two rough patches on my face that I wanted to have treated. After looking at them, Marla stated that they were due to old age. One of them I’ve had treated with dry ice the past two visits and it kept coming back. She told me there wasn’t anything she could do for me for the exception of spraying one small section of one patch because it was pre cancerous. After that I asked if there was a cream that I could use on both patches. She asked, “And what do you want that cream to do?” I said it could at least soften it or something. She again told me she was sorry and I just needed to accept the fact that they were due to aging and that was it. Now, I’ve been going to Dr. Sax since he opened. Many times if a procedure is needed he will tell me it isn’t covered by Medicare. Is this said to everyone? I can understand being told how much it would be but I feel as if I am not given good care because Medicare is my insurance. I have money. Yes, I have money for these treatments and when I go to the office I expect something to be done to a problem I am having regardless of money. Marla was condescending in her treatment of my condition and her attitude was of someone who is used to treating the wealthy with no regard for just plain people. Upon leaving, I saw Dr. Sax in the back hallway. Why couldn’t he see me? I will be leaving Dr. Sax immediately because I do not need or want this kind of treatment. Yes, Marla is beautiful with beautiful skin but that makes no difference when one’s callousness overcomes one’s looks. There is ugly and then, there is ugly. I found her to be vapid and inane in her treatment of me. I don’t know what education she has to be in the position she is in to see patients; however, she seems to have missed the section on pleasing patients in a gentle and sociable way. I guess loss of money means nothing to this business

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Dr. Sax is always thorough on our routine visits. He has taken care of my husband's precancerous spots and helped me cosmetically. We recommend him to all our friends and strangers too.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Several years ago this Dr almost killed my son! He put my son on accutane which i knew had been linked to teenage suicide. I called his office one day and told the nurse i was concerned that my son was showing signs of depression and frequent nosebleeds. Her comment was "Mam teenages commit suicide all the time you cant blame it on the medicine". I hung up the phone and called Dr Finkelstein in Lakewood Ranch. It was confirmed that Dr Saxton had my 16year old on a double dose of Accutane!!!! I will never step foot in that drs office!

Submitted July 16, 2014

Have had great experience with Dr Sax for over 9 years now. His Mohs surgery was great, its hard to see the scar. His suggestions for topicals have been cutting edge. Staff has been friendly or at least adequate, they change over the years, but never any major problems with the them (unlike some).

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

felt a bit rushed. Was asked If I was on blood thinners during procedure and found out should not have taken aspirin--should have known in advance. When sutures were removed, staff did not notice mild case of shingles which was picked up by other md.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

I think Dr. Sax's staff is on the ball, and his nurse and Dr. Sax does a great job..........compared to some of the other doctor's office staff... I would recommend him,...........

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

I Have been a patient for over 10 years, and have always had an excellent visit. Staff and Doctors are always helpful and professional. Have recommended to others.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Dr. David S. Sax's Credentials

“I founded University Park Dermatology in 2001 because I wanted to provide patients with expert medical care and an unsurpassed level of personal attention. I am just as motivated and inspired by my patients now as I was then. It is an honor to deliver quality skin care that improves your health and your overall outlook."

• English

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1996)

• Castle Connolly Top Doctor for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015