Ratings for Dr. Stanley R. Rothschild

This is amazing. Thirty five years ago when I was an orthopedic physical therapist at the Washington Hospital Center, I still remember the condescending way he treated other health professionals. I still remember him coming into the physical therapy gym and wiping his hands in my white lab coat as if it was funny. So gross and demeaning. Apparently Dr. Rothschild hasn't improved his people skills in all these years. Some people never grow up.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Rothschild misdiagnosed my stress fracture-saying I would be out for 3 weeks, when in reality, I was out for 3 months. He was also very surly and sarcastic when speaking with me.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

I agree with a reviewer above. This doctor does not have much patience for questions. I asked him a couple of questions and he responded condescendingly - as if I was questioning his medical judgment, which I was not. I am a highly educated professional, whose family members are physicians. I was just confirming that I had all the information. If you intend to ask questions about your health, I would stay clear from Dr. Rothschild.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

He is a very good Doctor, but perhaps he should have chosen another profession. He is not cut out for this. He talks to people as if they were slaves. I have written a letter to the Medical Board about his NASTY, Behavior.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Quite professional, knowledgeable and caring. A consummate physician.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

We saw Dr. Rothschild for many years, and had mixed experiences. He did a very successful surgery for me. Then he failed to diagnose a rotator cuff tear for my husband - he told him it was a disk problem and refused to share the results of my husband's MRI with him. That was when we switched to another practice. He was very impatient with me when I had a very severe neck problem, but probably treated it correctly. He also, at the time, didn't really send people to physical therapy as a rule, thus delaying healing. Maybe he does now, I don't know. We liked him, but he at times didn't serve us well.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

This doctor has obviously been practicing for many, many years and certainly seems knowledgeable, but perhaps for that very reason does not seem to have much patience for questions--as if he thinks he knows the answers and you should just trust him. I've also noticed that he seems to spend much more time with some patients than with others--greeting them effusively, chatting with them at length--while leaving other less-favored patients stranded in waiting rooms for far too long....

flag | Submitted May 31, 2010

Dr. Rothschild failed to diagnose part of a multiple fracture of my big toe. My foot was subsequently reexamined and my diagnosis changed by a foot surgeon, who commented on the poor quality of the X-Rays taken at Dr Rothschild's office. Dr Rothschild was surly during my several appointments with him. Another of his former patients concluded, after taking her teenage daughter to him, that this doctor may find it hard to treat women and girls with respect.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Dr. Rothschild has been practicing a long time and clearly knows his stuff. He is knowledgeable and personable. As far as punctuality goes, I have had to wait longer than I would like to upon occasion, but this is analogous to dining out: Which restaurant is likely to have better food--the one where you never have to wait for a table or the one where there's always a line? Sometimes you may have to wait a little bit because he's good at what he does (so a lot of people want to see him) and also because he takes the time to answer patients' questions.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

Dr. Stanley R. Rothschild's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1968)

• BCBS Massachusetts