Ratings for Dr. Wendell G. Burris

Dr Burris saved my moms life 14 years ago and has been our family Doctor for many years. He genuinly cares about his patients

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I had Dr. Burris a few years ago, so it is possible that the assistant has moved on or been (rightfully) fired. She (the assistant) was the only bad thing about visiting with this doctor. Dr. Burris was willing to spend the entire allotted 15 minutes with me, and was always thorough about answering questions. He was also very good about prescribing medications for which he had lots of samples, thereby reducing my copays by quite a chunk of change every month. The front office staff were always okay, but the assistant who took blood pressure and the like had a really crappy attitude. Dr. Burris was always much easier to get along with. Overall I definitely recommend this doctor to those in the area of his office.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

Dr. Burris gossips about his patients, I heard him gossiping about me while he was in the hallway talking to staff. He claimed that I did nothing but complain when I came in. I had never complained about his staff, or anything. He was the one who told me to come in every three months to check on my diabetes. He used to come in and tell me and my husband gossipy things about other patients. He is an okay doctor, but he cannot be trusted. His staff is horrible, I was threatened by one of his office staff, claiming I was using someone else's insurance. This was completely out of left field and between those two things, I quit him.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

I have been under Dr. Burris's care for over 15yrs and am very satisfied and will continue to go to him with my health care.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Dr. Wendell G. Burris's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1983)

Assurant