Ratings for Dr. Karen Berry

She dealt with my Dad's Alzheimers when he went in and out of St. Francis. She worked as the medication cocktail keeper trying to keep everything straight and at the right level. She does not counsel or think about it. She doesn't have that role or didnt with us. I expected more ccare or concern from her. It was a business like conversation.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Dr. Karen Berry, MD - Memphis, TN. You treat me in the hospital in December then ask that I call to make a follow-up appointment. I call twice only to get put on terminal hold. I call back again 2 times and ask that Dr. Berry call me back. The receptionist, Edna, calls back and tells me that it will be $50 for her to talk to me. $50? just to make an appointment? UNACCEPTABLE. You are WAY too busy to have me as a patient. I ought to charge you $50 ****ing dollars just for having to put up with your office.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

This is the first time I have ever written I negative review about a doctor. My hope is to help (warn) patients before the waste their time and money. Dr. Berry is a prescription writer. Just tell her what the last doctor gave you and she will happily write the prescription ASAP and rush you out. Very insensitive and uncaring. The icing on the cake is the incredibly rude, inept staff. It's unbelievable. I question if this s a low paying difficult office to work in and this is all they can find that will stay. I have never had a conversation with the receptionist without hanging up the phone in disbelief. She is honestly the most hateful person I have spoken to when trying to schedule an appointment; ANYWHERE. No thank you! I have found an office with a professional staff and caring doctor. Thank goodness I don't have to call that office again!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

10 out of 10 for Dr. Berry. She's knowledable, caring, compassionate...she has all the qualities one wants in a doctor. Her staff, however, is a different story. Rude, mistake-driven, low caliber.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

My experience with Dr. Berry has been very productive since 2007. I understand that her role is to really prescribe and adjust my medications. She has referred me to a licensed therapist for the "therapy" portion of my treatment. Thanks to her, I am living and working a productive life.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

This Dr I have seen on a regular basis for about a year. She not only spends the most minimal amount of time with me that she can without talking about anything but the weather but she cant get me out of her office fast enough before prescribing a new and dangerous drug and not filling me in on the consiceinces of the drug and then setting an appt. for me three months later. I have seen a psychiatrist for 25 years and she has to be the worst!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

Dr. Berry gives the impression that she is very detached and unwilling to do anything other than prescribe meds. She takes personal cell phone calls during her very brief sessions. An occasional message, perhaps one a year, left for her with her office staff may go without a response for 48-72 business hours if there is any response at all. If you seek anything other than a purely chemical solution to your problems, you would do well to seek help elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Berry for over 10 years. I have found her to be extremely empathetic, caring, and more than willing to help her patients get the best treatment. The psychiatrists are primarily there for proper diagnosis and medication management. The "therapy" part (or 'talking to someone') is generally handled by the psychologists, nurse practitioners, or social workers. I have had my difficult moments over the years, when meds needed to be adjusted or changed, when life reared its ugly head and dealt setbacks, etc. However, thru everything, Dr. Berry has been a stabilizing force. She remains "up" on the latest research and is willing to try new meds and treatments. Overall, I think Dr. Berry is a wonderful psychiatrist who will do whatever it takes to get her patients the treatments they need...notice I did not say 'want'. Sometimes people 'want' something that isn't necessarily the best thing for them. She makes sure they have what they "need" in order to live the best and most productive life possible.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

was totally blown off & told i needed to talk to someone. i thought she was there for that purpose. i was incorrect. i am totally disappoited. i have never seen a dr. that told me i need help & then was told she could find someone. i needed help, my husband has been in the hospital 9 times with heart attacks. i am only 35 & needed to talk to someone-when i met her for appt-i was given about 20 minutes including her answering her sons phone call. i will never return.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2006

Placed patients in dangerous situation and was more concerned with her personal liability than patient care. Would not respond to patients' concerns following incident in which patient was physically attacked by fellow psych patient at St. Francis. Refused all contact from at least three patients for any follow-up after they witnessed one patient beat up on another. After the violent incident, all contact between Dr. Berry and patients who were involved in the incident was terminated by Dr. Berry, who thought she would be sued. Her fear of lawsuit resulted in severe harm to patients who were denied further care, and left to fend for themselves. At least three patients did not seek any other psych treatment due to terrible experience and aftermath under Dr. Berry's initial care.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Karen Berry's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Commercial Insurance Company