Ratings for Dr. John M. Young

He is a very good physician and takes time with his patients.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

The wait is long and the visit is short each time we go to Dr. Young. I feel he rushes us out the door and doesn't really care what concerns I have. I feel like he talks down to me when I ask questions. The nurses are wonderful and friendly. I am a first time mom and unaware of things I should/could be doing with my son. I sure could have used a little more suggestions on feeding and table foods for my son. Dr. Young may have too many patients to really give the care a good doctor should.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Dr. Young is a coward. When I questioned the nurse 1 time because I didn't agree with the course of treatment for my child he had his nurse call me up and tell me we couldn't be a patient anymore. I was nothing but nice to the nurse when I questioned her and yet they still dropped my child. He didn't even have the guts to do it himself. I never even talked to him about the course of treatment. I only ever got to talk to his nurse. If you can't question your child's doctor about the course of treatment then there's something wrong with that doctor. Turns out I was very right to question his nurse. We went to another doctor and my concerns were validated and we chose a different course. I'm also sickened by some of the treatment my children recieved such as doing exams on them in their private areas without telling them or me first. Every other doctor I've been to tells you first before they just start to do the exam. Stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

I am so happy he is my kids doctor. They are always able to see us when we need it. He has seen my daughter for 6 years and my son for 3 and could not ask for better.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Dr. Young wouldn't help me wean my daughter off her medication after we lost our insurance. While we were in the hospital recently, I overheard some nurses also say that he all about getting paid and patient care is secondary. No longer my doctor!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Dr. Young is helpful, knowledgeable, and articulate. However, in our 5 years of visiting his office, I am now just starting to feel like the best interest of my children is secondary to the influence of the insurance companies and school nurses that he is pressured by. Additionally, I have always had to wait 30+ minutes before seeing him and his up front staff is rude about 70% of the time. The nurses, however, are excellent. I know in terms of knowledge and experience, he's one of the best out there, but we're looking for another pediatrician...one who puts our children's needs before all others.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

Dr. Young is way to busy I feel rushed and usually see the PA. Went in for my sons 2 year check up and they didn't measure him so I don't know his percentages. PAID FOR A WELL VISIT AND IT WAS POINTLESS. I am pregnant with my second child and looking for a new pediatrician. I have had to wait over 30 minutes in the examining room with an 18 month old. For a new mom he is not a good choice. Office staff is helpful.. but other than that I have been disappointed since his two week check up.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Dr. John M. Young's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Amarillo, TX