Ratings for Dr. Keerti Gurushanthaiah

Dr Guru was the OB on call when I went in to deliver my first baby. From the beginning she was off-putting and cold and at one point even got into a verbal arguement with my doula, in front of me, while I was in my 13 hour of labor and not on any medication. My doula apologized to me for that but Dr Guru didn’t say a thing and turned around and walked out. She hardly spoke to me at all, and when she did she seemed annoyed with everything I said. Once I got the epidural I actually opted to try to sleep through the night instead of having my water broken by Guru just so I had a chance of waiting her shift out and getting another OB for the actual delivery, that’s how horrible she was. It worked and a new OB came on and the rest of the labor/delivery went wonderfully and is a pleasant memory for me. Every single interaction with Guru prior was a nightmare though.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

First know that this rating is not about Dr. G specifically, it is about the front office. I never actually got to meet the doctor (who came very highly recommended by a friend). I showed up for my 2pm appointment (which I left work for) and the receptionist looked at me like I was crazy and tells me the doctor isn't in and that my appt was cancelled. I asked why I didn't get notified and she rudely tells me I was left a message last week (which was not the case). Beyond rude. No offer to have me see another doctor and no offer to rebook me for the next available appt. She basically just looked at me like I was bothering her and she expected me to leave. When I asked if another doctor could see me instead she rudely said "no all our doctors are busy and booked". Again no offer to reschedule my appt.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr. Guru has been my doctor for the past seventeen years. She is always efficient, caring and answers all my questions. She and her staff have been incredible. I'm so very lucky to have a great physician who cares for her patients.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

She was so helpful through out my wife's pregnancy. She is good and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

She is very intelligent and expert doctor but the wait time used to be more.she delivered both my kids.Highly recommended her.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

The wait times used to be much longer, but have gotten better. She delivered both of my kids. Very knowledgeable, but still personable. Takes the time to answer questions and was very supportive throughout my entire pregnancy. Highly recommend her. Best obgyn I have ever seen. Also, all of the OBs in the practice are women so you will have a woman no matter who is on call.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Highly knowledgeable and takes excellent care of her patients. Very cheerful personality and spends ample time to answer questions.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

This is my first official complaint letter, ever. Dr. Guru was the on-call doctor when I went into labor with my second child. After 4+ hrs of pushing, she came in, and said (and I quote): For all the pushing you are doing, you aren't doing anything. So, with that encouragement, I decided to have my second c-section. All my life, I have taken excellent care of myself (diet and exercise). Dr. Guru couldn't take the time to reattach my ab muscles and now I have a permanent pooch of a stomach. It's disgusting. I still workout, I still do crunches/ab work. But no matter of anything besides going in and having major surgery that will cost me out of pocket about $10,000 to correct what she wouldn't take care of in 20 minutes has ruined my overall health. Doctors are supposed to improve our lives. I would seriously regard her as dangerous to any future mothers health. Best of luck to her patients.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Dr. Guru is amazing! She has been my gynocologist for seven years and has always been so friendly and helpful. I am apprehensive to see anybody else. She has helped me with my endometriosis, and has always talked to me like an adult without any judgement since I first started seeing her at the age of 17. She is efficient, and sharp. Everything anyone could want in an OBGYN. My mother and I are both patients of hers and adore her and her staff.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

I had to wait for 30 to 40 mins to meet the doc in their office..

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Dr. Keerti Gurushanthaiah's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)