Ratings for Dr. Bruce Heller

DON'T GO TO HIM!!! He absolutely botched my face! He should not have a syringe in his hands!!! Why is he still in practice???!!!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

I was being treated by Dr heller for a toe fungus. I called after a few weeks to speak with the doctor and a day later his assistant called me and told me to go see a podiatrist. I would never go back or recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Not only will you be kept waiting 30 mins+, but the doctor will insist on doing extraneous procedures to pad the bill.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

The staff here is exceptional, nice, and pleasant. Dr. Heller is an expert. He listened to my complaints as a patient and he fixed the medical issues. His assistant was also very nice.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Heller from a primary doctor at NYU Medical Center. I feel I was bamboozled by Dr. Heller since he would not answer any of my 5 questions. The appointment was for several mole checks and a Retin-a micro prescription (for adult acne). My mole check on my body lasted one minute and when I asked him about my adult acne and insulin question he said he did not know and I shouldn't worry about it. So basically Dr. Heller just writes prescriptions and you will need to Google all your questions. He's just the middle man.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

I have been a patient for about a year and a half. I The staff is very professional and concerned about their patients. They provided solutions to my skin problems and take an aggressive approach to any potential of skin cancer, which I truly appreciate. I would recommend to my friends and colleagues.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

All of the negative postings here are absolutely correct. Dr. Heller is a horrible doctor. I've always felt rushed, not listened to and made to feel like a number - it's a factory - I just read that someone else had a biopsy and didn't get results - the same thing happend to me. He saw a small gowth cut some off - then told me the sample was too small - no results. I think he's committing fraud - unnecessary biopsies just to get the money. He should be investigated.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

I didn't want to believe the reviews, but this place is exactly run like a factory. The staff might as well have chewed gum and twirled their hair. Dr. basically guessed what i had based on looking at me. He didnt ask me much questions. He seemed like he knew but he didn't. I wasn't able to get my perscription that day so i suffered through the night. I called the emergency hotline that very night and no one returned my calls. Not even 2 days later!! I called the 3 rd day and asked for a dr's note and they would not provide me with one. The lady named Erica was supremely unhelpful and rude! I do not recommend this place. With all the emtional stress i was dealing with this place compounded my stress.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Avoid! Shockingly poorly run practice. Dr Heller brought two "assistants' with him to my exam. I don't know why. I was outnumbered and had no time to ask my questions. (I had even written out what I wanted to ask.)In less than 5 minutes he'd taken 2 biopsies, gave some instructions to the 2 assistants, and when I told him I felt overwhelmed by the bums-rush act, he shrugged it off saying this is how the practice was run. I felt like a car on an assembly line. No conclusion came from the biopsies-and it was suggested I return for more testing. I now have two scars from the biopsies, no diagnosis, AND was sent a bill for charges NOT covered by my insurance. I've been to other dermatologists-I have insurance, paid an in-office co-pay of $30.00. This is the first time I've ever had to pay an additional $160 out-of-pocket.) Having just been laid off, this really was adding insult to injury. This practice needs some extreme sensitivity (put yourself in the patient's shoes) training.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2010

Hands down the worst doctor experience I have ever had. He saw me for 2 minutes and in that brief period of time he prescribed me 8 different "new" medicines none of which he described...Then he did 3 different "office surgeries" of which I was billed by both his office and then the lab where he sent the specimens to be analyzed. AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS! In a rather ironic twist to the story, I was searching for a new dermatologist on this site and came across someone to later find out that he worked in the same office. Dr. Akhavan works in the same office, but is a completely different person and much better dermatologist.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

Dr. Bruce Heller's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1977)