Ratings for Dr. Brigida Deguzman-Cam

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

This woman helped kill my mother by performing the wrong surgical procedure after not reading the pelvic ultrasound she prescribed. The ultrasound revealed a large tumor that would have given any decent doctor pause before cutting. When asked how she missed the tumor on the ultrasound, she replied "I was on vacation; I did not have time to look at that."

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

One of the worst experiences of my life. I gave birth to my daughter on a holiday and apparently it wasn't good timing for this doctor. She was not my regular doctor and had never met her before. When she called me on the phone on the way to the hospital, she sighed heavily and said "Are you sure you're in labor?" Well, I'm sorry to disrupt your holiday party. Jeez. I had an awful time pushing and my daughter was turned and we ended up with an emergency c-section. During the surgery I told the staff that I could feel the surgery. I felt everything they were doing to my body. The anesthesia did not work. This doctor SCOFFED at me and said, "You can't feel that" and continued with the surgery. I passed out from the pain. I would NEVER recommend her. She should retire ASAP. BOOOOOOOOOOOO

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

I find Dr. Deguzman to be highly ethical. She is extremely knowledgable about the woman's body and how it works. It is a shame too many women do not understand how their bodies function. They can learn so much from her.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

I went to DeGuzman-Cam as a new patient and mentioned to her assistant that my visit was to request birth control pills that suppress menstruation, since I suffer from excruciating menstrual migraines. When the doctor came in and asked the reason of my visit, I said I'd like to switch to that form of birth control. The doctor asked, "Why?" and the assistant scoffed, with clear scorn in her voice, "Because she gets migraines." The doctor literally rolled her eyes, then lectured me on all the reasons she refuses to prescribe birth control. Those are TERRIBLE manners with a terrible approach to patient care. No wonder she was the only OB-GYN in my entire area accepting new patients: She must lose as many (or more) new patients as she takes in. Beware.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. De-Guzman's for almost 20 years. She is kind, gentle, caring, and softspoken. She is efficient in her exams but not rushed. She always answered all of my questions. When my mother had breast cancer, she was able to answer my questions about that too and order the proper exams for me. She is one of the best doctors I have ever had and I am sorry that she has retired. Her office was always very comforting and welcoming to me. I applaud a doctor who practices what she believes and genuinely cares for her patients.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

I went to Dr. DeGuzman-Cam after doing a web search about her. She seemed knowledgeable enough. Alas, nothing I read mentioned that she is a Pro-Life doctor who views her medical practice as a Catholic mission. I found her to be cold, judgmental, and inappropriate. When I told her my husband and I were hoping to get pregnant soon, she asked if I'd been on the pill. I said that I wasn't now, but that I had been. With an edge to her voice, she asked "Why?" Then, her assistant came in the room. She told her in a snide voice, "She's been on the pill." They then *rolled their eyes.* Even though I was not on the pill anymore, she proceeded to lecture me: "By taking birth control, you were not acting in accordance with God's plan." What made her think that was appropriate? I thought I at an OB/GYN's office, not someone else's church. I have never been treated with such open disrespect by a doctor before. If you are not actively looking for a Catholic doctor, avoid this woman at all cost.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

I also found Dr. de Guzman extremely cold and clinical during the exam. I was extremely uncomfortable and do not recommend especially if nervous and uncomfortable about a GYN exam. I already changed doctors

flag | Submitted October 26, 2007

I disagree entirely with the prior review. If women knew just how bad the birth control pill was for their body they wouldn't stupidly insist on using it. I applaud Dr. de Guzman for encouraging Natural Family Planning and found her to be a most excellent doctor. I have never in all my 15 years of gynecological appointments been so pleased. She was polite, sensitive and knew her stuff. Plus I had the added relief of not being confronted with condoms, birth control pills and tsking-tsking doctors who seemed disappointed by the fact I'm waiting until marriage and not interested in their wares. NFP is the healthy choice and I was thrilled to find a doctor courageous enough to build her practice around it.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2007

She is so awesome! She is friendly and has great morals, too. She isn't afraid to be blunt and honest. I would reccommend her to anyone, epsecially teenage girls!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2006