Ratings for Dr. Mary D. Jenkins

Dr. Jenkins is a wonderful dr who is compassionate. She also understands each patient is an individual and their body's act and react differently. I love that about her. Unfortunately, it is near impossible to get a sick visit with her in the last couple of months and her office staff is extremely rude. One of her staff members was very rude to me on the phone yesterday, then would not put on the office manager. As much as I love Dr Jenkins, I will have to move on.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr Jenkins is the best. The only problem she has always has the worst staff you could put together. They are out right rude.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

I have been to her a few times based on reviews here. I think she's great. She is VERY knowledgeable and up to date. She's open minded and treated me like a partner in my health. One drawback is that the office doesn't fax your results to other doctors. I don't know how that really can help a person who needs to consult with specialists. Do I have to re-do the tests for another doctor which can waste time and money? My only complaint so far but I think it's a significant one.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

I previously rated Dr. Jenkins "5"s across the board. I have been seeing her for 25+ years, following her from one location to the other. I will continue to see her; but everything written here about her clerical staff is, unfortunately, true. (Except for Margaret who is a delightful professional. Sadly she no longer handles patient contact. I believe she is in the back office.) I just cannot understand it. I have discussed it with the doctor and she told me she has spoken to them and would speak to them again. In a separate conversation about health care reform, she spoke of just how hard it is for a family practice physician to make ends meet financially. I know that the last time I saw Dr. Jenkins for a full yearly physical including EKG, internal, and breast exam, I paid a $20 co-pay and insurance paid her $22. The doctor must have spent close to 30 minutes with me and I also saw an RN. I truly don't know how a GP can pay the rent, let alone hire competent staff.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

She is excellent. Has become difficult to get an appointment and staff needs some diplomacy training.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

I adore this women. She is the nicest doctor in the world. She makes me feel like family when I'm in her office and she always makes time for me. I now pay cash to see her because my insurance will not cover her visits. It's totally worth it!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

I originally saw Dr. Jenkins 20 years ago and then moved away. After moving back to the area i tried several other doctors and was glad to see that Dr. Jenkins moved her office to Jericho. Her staff is not as bad as the reviews I've read, although they have left detailed messages on the wrong number. I find they are polite on the phone and in person, although they are always harried. Working in public service I accept that we need to be more patient and understand that we are not the only ones they need to deal with. At the same time, when you are with Dr. Jenkins, you have her full attention, which is why almost all of the ratings are so positive. I never wonder whether I am on too many medications because I know that Dr. Jenkins wouldn't prescribe them if they weren't necessary for me.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009

i needed to see her. i had, at the time, bronchitis. the staff said they couldn't book me an appt. days went by, i went there in person and rudely the sec. with tatoos all over her arm told me to go see a doctor at a walk in clinic. dr jenkins came into the room and told me to leave. at that point, i was so disgusted. i found a walk in clinic that day. i had a 103 temp. and after a chest exray it was determined i had pneumonia. dr. jenkins cares more about appearances and her staff than her patients. i have never been more disgusted in my life over a doctor's callousness. i would never recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2009

As indicated by others, the staff is unprofessional and there is no excuse for this treatment. As much as I have liked Dr. Jenkins, I cannot help but admit that the staff is her responsibility and a reflection of her as an administrator. I, and I know for a fact that several others, have mentioned the situation to her so there is no excuse. Unfortunately, I now have no choice but to also look for another M.D. I hope that she is advised of this site and takes the proper action.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

Dr. Jenkins is the most amazing, knowledgeable and most caring physician I have ever known. Have been seeing her for 20 years. Communicating with office getting an appointment is difficult and stressful.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Dr. Mary D. Jenkins's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)