Ratings for Dr. Roohi Alikhan

Dr. Alikhan is extremely shy and soft-spoken. She expresses an extremely low degree of confidence in her medication recommendations, constantly leaving it up to the patient. While I appreciate her soliciting my input, she is the MD and is far more qualified to choose the best medication based on my symptoms than I am. I saw Dr. Alikhan for over a year and she was still did not know me at all. She would repeatedly ask me the same questions that I had already given her the answers to multiple times before. She is a great doctor if you're looking for someone who is easily manipulated and can be convinced to give you whatever drugs you want. But if you want someone who truly cares about you, your history, and your concerns, I would look elsewhere. Her sessions are like drive-bys--get in, get a prescription, get out. I am so glad I finally found someone else who actually takes the time to thoroughly and accurately figure out the best medications for me.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

I found her to be very helpful and knowledgable. She listened well and really understood what I was experiencing. Her treatment was very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Very soft-spoken, diminutive lady of Muslim bacground. Very caring demeanor and even smiles here and there. She is doing her job as best she can - she is relatively new in private psych. practice. I have found her to be helpful and open to suggestions as far as prescriptions are concerned.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2007

Very inexperienced, not knowledgeable. Seemed just as bad as her patients - very shy, quiet, soft-spoken, almost hesistant. Did not do a very good job of establishing rapport or a supportive doctor-patient relationship. Was best at just continuing to prescribe meds. While she was very kind she was not helpful - a very mediocre doctor. Did not take the initiative in trying to remedy my issues.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Roohi Alikhan's Credentials

• Univ Of The East, Ramon Magsaysay Mem Med Ctr, Quezon City (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington, VA