Ratings for Dr. Scott D. Harris

Scott Harris has been my PCP for almost 20 years. He has provided nothing but superior care that entire time, including several critical illnesses I experienced. I can make appointments very quickly, he's always on time, has an extremely approachable manner, and answers any and all questions. His support staff have been exemplary in all my needs, including lab results, prescriptions, referrals, appointements, etc. I am completely satisfied in every way with his skills and personality as well as his care for my health.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

flag | Submitted December 10, 2011

I have been a patient of Scott's for more than 10 years now and to read some of these comments I am dumbfounded on who they could be talking about?? I have received nothing but the best of care from Scott and his staff. I can call his nurse and leave a message and will not only receive a call back before the end of the day but she will have all the information I am looking for. He has guided me through a number of changes in my daily medications and always listens to everything I have to say. I would highly reccomend him to anyone looking for a Doctor who not only listens but is there with answers.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010

I believe Dr Harris and his staff are overextended. Recently I've had to call his office to continually follow up to get tests results. I'm working with another physician specialist who asked me to coordinate care between he and Dr Harris because Dr Harris wasn't answering his emails. Another time, he gave me a course of medication without telling me that I may need to continue taking it, or what he wanted to do to follow up. I left the office assuming the course was it. However, it turned out he needed to run bloodwork to determine this. I got a frantic call from his office two days after the medication stop date berating me for not calling to request a refill. On the next visit to Dr Harris, he lectured me about my responsibility. When I challenged that it was his responsibility to inform me of the protocol before I left, he backed down and apologized, acknowledging he was at fault. Hardly good bedside manners.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2010

This Dr. did not handle our questions throughly and did poor on follow up. His staff is poor to none, and it is almost impossible to get anyone to call you back.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

Dr. Harris has also been my PCP for many years. He is a thoroughly knowledgeable professional with a terrific patient rapport. Although he has a very active practice, I never feel rushed. He explains everything simply and does not order me to do anything, unless absolutely necessary. He asks my opinion, then tells me his, and then tells me to make up my mind. This is naturally about non-life threatening issues. When necessary, he gives me very clear instructions and then asks whether I have any questions. He never orders any tests or procedures just to run up the tab. Just the opposite; he'll tell me that I don't need to put myself through a particular procedure or test. Dr. Harris will be my PCP as long as he continues to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

Scott Harris is a serious doctor who is obviously dedicated to providing the best care possible. He is easy to talk to, explains things in terms that an average person can understand and gives you the choice when there are options available. I feel that I am in more than capable hands with Dr. Harris as my PCP.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

Always on time. Very good bed side manner and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2008

Dr. Harris tells you what you need, and doesn't give you services that you are not in need. He also explains exactly why he's making those decision in clear terms. He always lets you decide your own health decisions.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2008

My partner and I have had Scott as our PCP for over 7 years and travel from NH to see him. There are several qualified Doctors in our area but Scott has provided a level of care that we appreciate and value so we will continue to make the extra effort to have Scott as our physician.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

Dr. Scott D. Harris's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)