Ratings for Dr. Ronald B. Hicks

I have had to wait two hours in that office. The girls are not friendly and have no business in a doctors office! They could not even get my prescription​ done right!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr. Hicks has been great in every way and very accommodating. My only complaint is there 3-hour window (12-3pm) for their lunch break.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Hicks is wonderful, alongside his staff, Carmen and Michelle. He is very knowledgeable, I can always confidently rely on his expertise and advises. I do not mind waiting when I have an appointment, as I know that he will take his time to take great care of me when I need more then "the 15 minutes", just like he does with all his patients. Carmen is such a sweetheart, nice, polite, helpful, makes you feel very welcome. I have been going to this office for over 8 years, the entire team goes way above and beyond their duties, and I have always had great experiences here.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I think Dr. Hicks reputation for lateness can be attributed to the time he gives over to each patient. His thoroughness, and consideration for the needs of each patient causes him to get behind schedule. I'd rather have a doctor who seems to care, as opposed to those who give you the "15 minute shuffle."

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Carmen can be rude and abrasive. Dr. Hicks is NEVER ON TIME! Had 9:00 a.m. appointment and he walked in at 10:15 a.m. His office DOES NOT follow up - "I will have my office schedule a test for you and call you." I have NEVER heard from his office. Here is a lab slip get your labs done and we will call you with the results. NEVER heard from them until I called them. It is like he cares when you are in the office but after that forget you!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

The staff if very polite and professional. When it comes to appointment time I suggest to make your appointment an hour before as there is a good chance that you will not be attended within 20 minutes of your appointment. He doesn't like to prescribe medication unless your are in a life threatening state. Though Hicks is very knowledgeable and will refer you to other specialists if necessary.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

I have been coming here for just over 2 years, and pay out of pocket, so I need thoughtful, appropriate care. I have seen his staff continuously improve during this time and I can't say enough about Carmen (front) and Jessica (assistant). They are efficient, courteous and friendly. Dr. Hicks is almost never on time...but this is more from giving each patient time to voice their problems and have other necessary health maintenance items discussed.....I would like to think he gives me this time specifically, but I suspect that plenty of others get his ear and attention too. His knowledge base is extensive and he is willing to work with me. I especially like that he can take care of almost everything from within the office...keeping my costs down. He knows his limitations and won't jeopardize my health for ego either. I'm happy here. He genuinely cares and enjoys getting to know me, my family and our needs. He's what a doctor should be. He's stuck with me.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

great staff. Great doctor. You may have to wait a little longer but the doctor will spend time with you. he is very through and answers your questions. Very friendly and makes you feel at ease. I think he is worth waiting for.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2009

Had to choose this doctor from a St. Mary's ppo list without seeing him first. Dr. Hicks was okay, I liked him, but the rest of the office are an incompetent rude set of folks. Very non professional with poor customer service skills. First, they could not tell me how much my annual physical would cost and told me it didn't matter because insurance would pay the rest from the 35 copay. So far the physical has cost a total of 350 and of that i paid 80. secondly, I was referred for a cardio test, dr. Hicks staff did not follow through to set up the test or explain to the group why I was being referred until i called Dr. Hicks office to complain that they were not doing their part to which they responded rudely. Thirdly, I was told to call my blood pressure in after having meds raised two times and they would adjust it on the phone, when I did, they told me to come in. They obviously don't read their own notes, or comminicate to each other, or others, or care to.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009