Ratings for Dr. Peter Muz

If rating physicians is going to be credible & informative for patients seeking treatment - there needs to be a list of defined expectations of a ' good physician ' besides punctuality, helpfulness & knowledge. Dr. Muz correctly diagnosed an ongoing skin condition on a family member that was actually a serious systemic disorder. Other MD's had prescribed topical creams for over two years and failed to dx the actual source of disease. Some of the patient comments allude to Dr Muz's manner ( non-communicative etc ) I have observed that many talented Scientists who have unique skills & knowledge are so focused on the scientific observations and data, they can appear distant and uncommunicative.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I had seen Dr. Muz once in the past and he had successfully treated a hard-to-treat condition. This time, I had a flaw on my face. I wasn't even sure what kind of doctor I needed to see: a dermatologist, a plastic surgeon, my PCP? I made an appointment with Dr. Muz and I'm so glad I did. In addition to dermatology services, he also offers cosmetic procedures, and I may need both. As it turns out, I may have a skin cancer. Dr. Muz can diagnose and treat it, and also make my face look good afterwards. He called me personally today to go over the pathology report and to discuss the next steps. I really appreciated that he called me personally and didn't just pass this off to an assistant, so that I had the chance to discuss this with him. He was very reassuring about my prospects for a good outcome, and very balanced about how to approach it. Unlike another review listed here, I found Dr. Muz to be very pleasant to deal with. He saw that he had seen me once before and he asked me how things had worked out. He was genuinely pleased to hear that things had worked out well. His practice is also very professionally run. Dermatologists are very difficult to find and get appointments with these days. I'm very impressed with Dr. Muz and would highly recommend him to any friend or family member.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

From the favorable ratings, it appears Muz can be charming if he wants to. That wasn't my experience. He came into the office reading my chart--didn't shake hands or even look at me, just started asking questions--and it went downhill from there. I found him cold, rude, and antagonistic and would never go back. I saw him in 2012 and left a review, but it was inexplicably deleted. Maybe this one will last longer.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014

I was (am) absolutely horrified that Dr. Muz spent less than 1 minute examining me for skin cancer. Both my identical twin sister and my mother have had precancerous moles removed. He left so quickly I talked to the nurse to find him because I was concerned about something on my leg. He rushed in looked at it and responded to the nurse, "let's watch that one " and walked out!! Why is he practicing medicine! Unnbelievable!!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

He seemed to be in a mad rush and was not helpful at all. Made me feel ridiculous for even being there. Would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

Excellent doctor. Been seeing him for about 8 or 9 years. Always on time. Would never change him for anyone else. Very knowledgeable and I feel my care is safe in his hands. He take care of things quick, accurate, and to the point.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

Good dermatologist, very knowledgeable and efficient. Friendly staff.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

came to Dr.Muz for second opionion and he look up the first opionion and went with that diagnoise --- My skin is falling off or something of over a year!! I just wanted to get some kind of answer but Dr.Muz told me to come back if I got more spots today there is 5 more and it has beene two days.... THANKS DOC!!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

I have seen Dr. Muz for two years now and I find him very amusing, easy going and accommodating. He even came into the office during a weekend to look at my incision due to pain. He has removed two pre-cancerous growths barely leaving a mark. Not crazy about the front desk person (blond)but the nurses are very nice too. Lighten up people!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010

accomodating, kind, helpful. staff was kind and also accomodating.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Dr. Peter Muz's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Concord, MA