Ratings for Dr. Sheldon Rubenfeld

Rude he said I wouldn't live to be 65 if I didn't do what he said such as not to take over the counter vitamins. He has no bedside manners. Very arrogant man!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

He opted out of Medicare and doesn't accept your insurance, he's out network. He does his lab work in his office and charges THREE TIMES as much as a lab would. Reason why he's not in network is because he will get 100% payment from the PATIENT, instead of whatever the insurance contracted amount would be. It's not unusual to pay $1500.0 for your first visit. He's over charging for lab test. He gives his employees up to 600.00 in bonus per month, if they collect over their GOAL each month. .

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

It seems he absolutely could care less if you live or die. I paid nearly 1000.00 for the worst doctor in the us! Dont believe his diagnosis if he says that everything is normal. Get a second opinion Please!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

I feel like because he wrote a book he thinks he must be the best. When a woman knows her body, and comes to a Doctor for help and he wants to put you on anti-depressants before really listening, run the other way. I feel like some doctors don't really want you well so you stay in their circle of sick patients to pad their pocket books. Very disappointed with Dr. R. Would NOT recommend. The thyroid is such an important organ and although he did say not to have it removed, I still think there is much more to be desired in his bed side manners and how he talks to his patients and treatment. I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I would look elsewhere for help.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I saw Dr. Rubenfeld last week at a time was was very ill and concerned that it may be my thyroid. When I had seen him last I had private insurance. I had no idea that he opted out of Medicare, and since I am now living on disability only, made it clear that I had no money to pay. Most doctors would have turned me away at that point. Dr. Rubenfeld's staff was very kind and seemed genuinely concerned about me. The plan for this visit was to see Dr. Rubenfeld, have bloodwork done,and have an ultrasound done to check the size of some spots that had been found in '09 on my thyroid. Dr. Rubenfed met with me and checked me out carefully. He had his nurse draw blood and then he proceeded to do the ultrasound himself. All of this was done with the knowledge that I had no money at all. Everyone I encountered there was professional, warm and caring. I was very impressed and quite touched. Very few physicians would have bothered with me. I am very grateful to Dr. Rubenfeld and his staff

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

I have seen Dr. R almost two years. I went for a 2nd opinion. Ended up going every 6 sixs for about a year. He was kind enough to let me come every 4 months and have the blood work done near by. I travel from Al. to Tx. to see him. I believe he is one of the best in his field. He has never made me feel bad or insulted me. If I could afford the travel and the payments to him I would continue. I will now see a local endo. I asked Dr. R. if he would continue to see me from time to time to check out the nodules that I choose not to have removed and he agreed. Can't say enough good things about him and the way he operates his business. Wish I had more cash so I could continue to see him.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

I've never paid to be abused before and this doctor is off the charts when it comes to rudeness, arrogance and thinking he is all powerful. Because I wanted a 2nd opinion I stayed but I should have listened to my intuition and walked out. He doesn't focus on the issue or the reason why you are there. Instead, he wants to know how many times you've been married, were you divorced or widowed, how is your sex life. . .not relevant. I did get slight satisfaction telling him the questions had nothing to do with my thyroid and I wouldn't discuss any of it with him so he went on to insulting and psycho analyzing telling me he though I needed therapy. STUPID STUPID STUPID - the abuse and insults cost me $1,200 and they wouldn't take my insurance BUT GUESS WHAT? They filed and bingo - they got more money sent to THEM. He is more interested in giving you an autographed book than he is about your health. His autographed book went promptly in my trash can when I got home. It's just WRONG.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Wow, I am amazed at how many people rated Dr. Rubenfeld the same way I will. RUN!!! This arrogant **** thinks he is the most brilliant doctor alive. I was his patient for three years, and finally had enough. He really should have pursued psychology, because he spends as much time giving opinons about your mental/emotional status than your physical condition. He missed the mark on everything he said or thought about my life situations. He needs to a read on Emotional Intelligence and quit dwelling on the books he has written. Learn to listen and emphathize with your patients, doc. Does your arrogance mask deep insecurity, or are you truly that arrogant? I believe you are the one who truly needs a shrink. And I would truly hate to be your wife! You are controlling and critical. Learn to LISTEN!!! Shut the hell up and LISTEN!!! Run don't walk to another endocrinologist! I truly think he has issues with women.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Phycho Analyst should be his first calling. I was very ill when I went to this man. He assured me that (after asking several personal questions) that grief was causing all my symptoms including blacking out, heart palpitations and throwing up. I paid 1000.00 for this diagnosis in addition to the 2300.00 my isurance paid (for one visit). I dont guess that I need to add that here 1 moth later I am still sick and seeking a doctor with a heart, a brain and real education.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

Dr. Sheldon Rubenfeld's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1971)

MSP/BC Med