Ratings for Dr. William L. Dobes

My son's acne (moderate to severe) has been successfully treated after one visit with Dr. Dobes, which could not have gone better. The doctor asked all the right questions and repeatedly asked for our questions. The time spent with us seemed just right. Afterwards adjustments on the prescribed medications were cheerfully, accurately, and promptly arranged via the staff, so that prescription expense could be minimized per requirements of the involved insurance (not Delta, but ours is not in the provided list). I am left wondering why all doctor visits could not be like this one.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Dobes for many years. I have no complaints about his Derm knowledge and he has been voted onto the Best of Atlanta list. However there are some negatives. Dr Dobes encouraged me to purchase a lotion from the office for $150 that I am allergic to and the doctor should have known that because I had the same reaction to chemical peels. The communication between the office staff and the doctor is poor. Often when the doctor is finished you walk out of the treatment room and the assistants are chatting away among themselves. Over and over I have has this experience waiting for someone to notice that I am standing 4 feet from them waiting for prescriptions to be written. Eventually I get a "what do you want". Often I have to explain to the assistant what prescriptions I am supposed to receive or sometimes they are written from the wrong strength etc. or are not what the Dr. and I discussed. Checkout is very helpful.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2007

This doctor couldn't determine the cause of my rash. He therefore gave me a piece of paper that said I should be tested for all forms of hepatitis and left without answering any questions. I was shocked and upset at this diagnosis. His bedside manner was horrific and the nurse was just as bad. After a visit to another dermatologist, it was determined that my rash was simply ecema. I do not recommend this doctor. There are plenty more to choose from in Atlanta.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. William L. Dobes's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)