Ratings for Dr. Apollo Y. Leong

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Excellent doctor! Listens and spends the time to talk to you. Seems very knowledgable and isn't just trying to schedule frequent follow ups for no reason like some doctors. Very friendly and caring.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

I went to Dr Leong for several years & dumped him as my primary care physician as his nurse & most of the staff at the Salem facility are incompetent...THEY WILL NOT EVEN ANSWER THE PHONES... He is arrogant,does not care about the patient & was never punctual. The office broke HIPAA rules by sharing my information inappropriately. I could never get his nurse or medical records staff to call me back...had problems getting test results when needed & requested my records/test results be sent to another DR SEVERAL TIMES & THEY NEVER WERE. HE WOULD NOT EVEN SPEAK TO ME REGARDING THESE PROBLEMS WHEN I REQUESTED IT.....AFTER I HAD BEEN HIS PATIENT FOR SEVERAL YEARS. There are many DRs in this area & I will NEVERRRRR GO BACK TO HIM OR THAT FACILITY......GLAD I MOVED....FOUND A BETTERRRR DR & FACILITY TOO.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Excellent doctor. He always listens, and generally remembers prior conversations. Looks for practical solutions to problems - doesn't always reach for the prescription pad or specialist referral without trying simple things first. He also takes the time to explain WHY he is advising specific treatments, medications, and dosages.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Leong for about 7 years now. He is always willing to spend as much time with us as necessary to discuss the problems, and arrive at an accurate diagnosis. He is a good listener, and appreciates a well informed patient. Waiting time can be lengthy, but I think that is because he spends more time with his patients as necessary. Is willing to refer us to a specialist if necessary. I have recommended him to many friends and family members.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

I went in to see him because of an issue I believe I have, instead he insisted on speaking down to me like I was stupid and didn't know what I was talking about, which I do! I understand the other health concerns that he may have, but at the same time- if you're telling someone something you believe is wrong with you, you would prefer not to have that shrugged of and ruled as a "possibility"! Never have I ever gone to a doctor's office and left P.Oed until today. What I'm learning about him and a lot of doctors, is that no one is listening to their patients any more, and as the previous post states- that place works like fast food establishment- you sign in, you walk out 15 minutes later.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

This man is a great doctor. He explains everything clearly, tells the truth, and takes the time to check out your problems. He even helps with samples of medicine if possible.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2007

Contrary to the previous posting, I have had great success with this office. My husband and I have been patients there for 2 years without problem, and have found this to be a wonderful office to work with. We were directed here through friends that are patients as well, and have been as pleased as they. I recommend Dr. Leong to anyone that wants a doctor that is straight forward, and down to Earth. He does not candy coat anything, is not condescending, and gives you the information you truly need. Perhaps we would be considered the preferred patients of whom the previous post speaks, although I believe that is not the case. I believe all patients matter here, and receive the care the need.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

Always in a rush. Braeburn Family Practice runs more like a business than a doctor's office and has more drug reps going in and out of there than any place I have ever seen. They also seem to get preference over patients.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Apollo Y. Leong's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)