Ratings for Dr. Lucy Chang

Dr. Chang goes out of her way to answer all your questions. She takes her time and does NOT rush you through any appointment

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

It is very difficult to find a good primary-care physician. I had my first visit with Dr. Chang today. She's attentive, caring, knowledgeable and thorough. I spent quite a long while talking with her, discussing any tests that might need to be run, going over my health concerns and family medical history and having my specific concerns addressed. I will likely stay with her for a good, long while.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

I was very dissatisfied with Dr. Chang. She performed procedures for which I was supposed to be reimbursed for, or at least that what Dr. Chang told me but instead I ended up with a huge bill. After a few months of going back and forth between her and insurance offices I had to pay it all off and Dr. Chang denied that she ever told we I would be reimbursed. I already have another dermatologist. Do not recommend!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr. Chang is absolutely wonderful. She returns all of my calls the same day, and she is extremely knowledgeable and puts you at ease. I highly recommend her. The office staff is not overly friendly, but I have not had any major issues.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Dr. Chang is a wonderful doctor. She is considerate, attentive and she spends time with you discussing your health. I'm sorry that my firm is changing to Blue Cross Blue Shield and she is not a member of that carrier. I appreciate her so much, that I am tempted to continue using her services. I've recommended her to everyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Dr. Chang is fantastic - she takes the time to call after every visit to let you know the results of any tests, she promptly returns phone calls, she is very pleasant during the office visit and really treats her patients as individuals.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2006

I concur with all the comments made by other people. I too do not have insurance coverage for Dr. Chang any more but I continue to see her. Sometimes it is more of a social visit than a medical one! She is a lovely person and makes herself available to her patients.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2006

This is a doctor who explains the reasons for her advice and treatment, and often refers to the research base. She is not "authoritarian", and is very congenial. She also has treated me as a individual with a family, a work life, etc., so I have had the feeling that she is taking more into account than immediate symptoms or vital signs. I really like this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2006

Dr Chang is the best. She takes the trouble to get to know her patients well, and remembers details about their life even if she hasn't seen them in months. I thoroughly believe that empathy and a willingness to listen are the best medicine and Dr Chang dispenses both generously. She's an old-fashioned doctor in the best sense of the word. I stick with her even though my insurance doesn't cover her and even though her offices are really inconveniently located from where I live!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2006

I agree with the writer below. I've been seeing Dr. Chang foe 10 years and she's always, prompt, thorough, knowlegeable and courteous.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2006

Dr. Lucy Chang's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal