You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Shawna K. Hedley

Dr Hedley is wonderful - once you get to see her. She is kind, knowledgeable and answers all your questions. The staff in her office however are an absolute nightmare to deal with. They are extremely unhelpful and rude and will not help you get an appointment. This is probably sufficient reason to find another Ob Gyn. I often saw one of the male doctors in the group since I could not afford to see Dr Hedley after a month when I had an infection that had to be treated rightaway. If you are having a baby, you get scheduled for regular appointments, but good luck if you just have a run of the mill woman's problem. Another issue with her clinic is the wait time - I always waited at least an hour before I saw her. That said, she is fantastic if you can put up with all the other nonsense around seeing her.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

Dr Hedley is a wonderful, warm doctor, who always takes the time with me. She delivered my daughter under difficult circumstances. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to friends. Unfortunately she is difficult to get an appointment with for annual visits, as she is very popular and the only female OB on staff. The admin staff are quite short with many people, but are very busy. Attitude of admin staff needs improvement, but it doesn't stop me seeing a great OB.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2008

Uhh.I called to make an appointment today (5/12/08) and the next available was AUGUST! Jeez.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2008

She was very easy to talk to. Totally the opposite from the quick, curt guy I used to see. I don't remember the staff so I can't comment on them. But for general gyno stuff, if you want a nice person who cares, she's the one.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2007

Dr. Hedley is great. Her partner Dr. Christopher is also wonderful. But, be warned, their office staff is sometimes unprofessional -- odd phone etiquette; misplaced files; repeated insurance screwups; can't seem to work the computer -- and turns over frequently. Take extra time with them -- to get your insurance details straight -- and be extra patient and clear on the phone and in person, and you'll be fine.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2006

I think she is a great person and have enjoyed my time with her. I use to recommend her to everyone, but after a few significant mishaps - for lack of a better word - concerning her diagnoses, I find it necessary to find another ob/gyn.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2006

I couldn't be more thrilled to have Dr. Hedley as my OB/GYN. She is an intelligent, first rate doctor and has a superb bedside manner. She listens and takes the time to talk to you about any concerns, which can be many when it comes to having your first baby. I continue to recommend her to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2006

My insurance covered everything with her. I love love love Dr. Hedley. She was my doc when I had a miscarriage and she was so kind and understanding when I was so devastated. She was my first choice to take care of me during my twin pregnancy. She put up with all my stupid questions and phone calls and always took the very best care of me. I felt so safe with her. I felt as though if she weren't my doctor, I would like to be friends with her, that's how wonderful she is. She is also completely knowledgeable and helpful. Whatever you need, she is there for you. Can I say again that I love her?? I was sad when my post-partum appt was done and I only get to see her once per year for my annual gyno checkup. I recommend her very very highly.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2006

She listens proactively and sympathetically. She is willing to recommend homeopathic solutions. I am currently experiencing problems and she is working with me to find the best solution, which may include referring me to another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2005

She is great. I was totally wierded out about going to a GYN, but she put me at ease right away.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Shawna K. Hedley's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1997)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Recently joined Kaiser and have been very happy with dr Hedley as my obgyn Doctor. She has guided me through my first pregnancy with support and knowledge in T..."

March 12, 2016
  • First Name changed from "Shawna" to "Shawna K."

October 20, 2013
  • City changed from "NEW YORK" to "SAN FRANCISCO", State changed from "NY" to "CA"

March 20, 2013