Ratings for Dr. S M. Lindsey

I really like Dr Lindsey but I'm not a fan of his nurse practitioner - Sharon. She was very rude and always rushed me when I was trying to explain how I feel. I have lupus, raynauds, and RA. So I take a lot of medicine including pain medicine. She told me she wouldn't full my pain meds bc she felt I didn't really need them. Keep in mind I have taken pain meds for 5 years prior to her telling me this. I understand that people abuse certain medications but I clearly have health issues that cause pain and need something to keep it under control. Unfortunately since Dr Lindsey has people like jet working for and with him it makes me think less of him.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

Dr. Lindsey is an excellent rheumatologist. He is knowledgeable, kind, and listens to what I have to say. I don't know where the negative reviews come from, but they aren't talking about the Dr. Lindsey I have worked with for the past 8 years.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. Lindsey is a smart doc but tends to dismiss a good bit of symptoms or signs I might be having. I've had rheumatoid arthritis for 9 years. He is not as aggressive as other doctors but is knowledgable, thorough and open minded to homeopathic medicine like vitamins and such. He is not a very punctual doctor but could be a scheduling problem or staffing. I like Dr. Lindsey but I am always keeping my options open to better Rheumatologists.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

I had heard such good things about Dr. Lindsey. I waited until 6 p.m. for a 3:30 appt. When he finally saw me, he dismissed most of my symptoms and wasn't familiar with much of the more recent studies on my condition. I was very disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2007

Staff constantly overbooked. Usually 1 to 2 hours wait. Did not update x-rays in 6 years of treatment. Never considered or recommended the new biologics for arthritis. Never changed treatment or drugs from those prescribed 10 years earlier in another state. Likes to appear on television.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2006

This is a smart, professional, efficient, NICE, doctor. It is a very busy practice and they have sometimes messed up things like scheduling labs, but the doctor and the head nurse are excellent. He wastes no time, gets right to what matters. Especially gifted at tricky rheumy diagnosis and management. Because of him I have been in lupus remission/control for nearly 6 years. Most highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. S M. Lindsey's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1972)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal