Ratings for Dr. Rajveer Purohit

Dr. Purohit is thoughtful, compassionate and caring. He is also honest and attentive. He allows the patient to be a participant in their healthcare by sharing and educating them on their condition. Consequently, a dialogue ensues and collaboration is done. Thus, the patient is involved from their diagnosis through to their treatment plan. Dr. Purohit also makes it easy for a patient to ask questions.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I found Dr Purohit through an Internet search when I was looking for urologists with extensive experience in complex urethral strictures. At the time, I was in constant discomfort and my life was consumed with staying close to a bathroom. I traveled to NYC to meet Dr Purohit for my initial consultation and he was very easy to talk to. His office has all of the modern medical equipment you would expect to diagnose a urinary problem. Once he had a better understanding of my situation, he carefully explained the options to me and my wife. We scheduled my surgery for a few weeks later so I could be cleared by my primary physician. His office did a great job setting up my surgery with NY Presbyterian Cornell Weill. On the day of the surgery, Dr Purohit was a calming influence for my family members. The surgery would take a few hours and then I would need to stay in the hospital for a few days. I went into the surgery at peace confident in his abilities. My surgery went very well and I was discharged from the hospital without complications a few days later. Dr Purohit stopped by room personally to see how I was doing. My recovery went well and he checked on me by phone if I reported any concerns post operation. It has been almost 11 months since my surgery and my only regret is that I didn't take care of it sooner. If you or a loved one have a urinary issue and need a great doctor, I highly recommend Dr Purohit. He gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

I had been dealing Urethral issues for over 15 Years. I was having to undergo procedures twice a year to help alleviate the problem. It wasn't until I met Dr. Purohit that i had finally felt like i had my life back. Dr. Purohit is not only blessed with great medical skills, he is also blessed with an amazingly compassionate heart.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I have been very stressed, depressed and exhausted about my husband's health last summer. Dr. Purohit is a very nice person, kind, patient, dedicated, knowledge and overall very good doctor. Now my husband is able to enjoy his life like all of us because of highest quality of care and professionalism. We are lucky to know him and to get treatment from him. May God bless him because he is a life saver for people.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

Dr. Purohit and Dr. Blaivas have been life savers for my Dad!! They have seen him through all of the ups and downs over the past several years and most recently has given my dad his life back through thier kindness, patience and dedication to him. Their knowledge and expertise have allowed my dad to receive the highest quality of care ! The staff is amazing and everyone treats my Dad like family. We could not ask for a better team to manage his care and are thankful, everyday!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr. Purohit is an excellent physician. His surgery corrected a urethral stricture without complication. I highly recommend Dr. Purohit for similar medical problems.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2013

After seeing a few doctors I found Dr. Purohit totally outstanding! His professionalism, work ethic and pleasant demeanor put me at ease when deciding to undergo the green light surgery for my enlarged prostate. The procedure was a success and he completly transformed my life. I would definitely recommend Dr. Purohit to anyone in need for an excellent urologist.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

Smart and helpful doctor. His staff is simply not good.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I had a complex urethral stricture that had failed other doctors treatment and was referred to Dr. Purohit by my urologist. He was able to fix the problem permanently and has transformed my life. His office staff is very nice too.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Dr. Purohit patiently listened to me and correctly diagnosed an unusual condition that other doctors had missed. After treating me I became 100% better and was able to go back to living my life.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr. Rajveer Purohit's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1998)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Purohit is thoughtful, compassionate and caring. He is also honest and attentive. He allows the patient to be a participant in their healthcare by sharing..."

March 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr Purohit through an Internet search when I was looking for urologists with extensive experience in complex urethral strictures. At the time, I was in..."

February 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had been dealing Urethral issues for over 15 Years. I was having to undergo procedures twice a year to help alleviate the problem. It wasn't until I met Dr. P..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been very stressed, depressed and exhausted about my husband's health last summer. Dr. Purohit is a very nice person, kind, patient, dedicated, knowledg..."

January 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Purohit and Dr. Blaivas have been life savers for my Dad!! They have seen him through all of the ups and downs over the past several years and most re..."

November 13, 2014