Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth M. Twardon

I was seeing Dr. Twardon for several years and she was great until I had gastro problems then I was unable to schedule to see her as her nurse stopped me at the front door so to speak. I was told to go to my gastrologist specialist and my gastrologist specialist was telling me to see her as it was a nervous stomach, IBS, and she could help. It was back and forth until finally I received medication from another Family Physician and this helped me with my issues a lot. I would never recommend her to anyone due to her nurse and her attitude as well as not being able to see the doctor. Now maybe the doctor told her nurse to do this but it would have been nice to actually hear it from the doctor. I would hope in the future that patients would get more help and understanding from this office.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr. Twardon is the most compassionate doctor I've ever had. She's not always punctual because she spends as much time as the patient needs. She discusses various treatments, invites questions and input. She's extremely knowledgeable. I would give HER a 5 star rating but not always so happy with the efficiency of the office she's now part of.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Dr Twardon is the most compassionate medical professional I have encountered. She has guided my medical care through two cancer events (each years apart), worked with my oncology team, and provided excellent supplemental care to my cancer treatments. I started with her at her old office where the office staff was rude; the staff at her new office is more supportive and professional. My messages have gotten to her and Dr Twardon has called me herself to share medical information. Because she is thorough she sometimes is late to her appointments. However, I am willing to accept this and plan accordingly because her medical care is exceptional.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

I have to say that Dr. Twardon is an amazing doctor. I have seen her at Ravenscroft, she was great there but staff was rude. Now she is at Family Care of Fairview in Asheville and this office is a much better fit for her just 2 other doctors. She is such a compasionate person and she is so caring and takes her time with each patient. she is truly what a physcian should be.. Dr. Twardon is a person that cares about her patients and we are not just a number when you see her. she may run behind at times, but that can be from a patient emergency. I am patient in this situation because I know she would take the same time with me in a emergency. Wish there were more doctors like her....

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

She is the best doctor I have ever had too. She is courteous,warm and very knowledgeable. I actually would look forward to my appointments. I last saw her in Durham/Chapel Hill before I moved to Richmond. I kept her as my doctor anyway until she relocated to Asheville :( My rating of the staff is from Durham office.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

The best doc I have ever seen. Great diagnostician. She is thorough, compassionate, & honestly listens to my concerns. She will give you all the time you need and not rush thru your appt. She is the only doc I have ever recommended to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Dr.Twardon is the most caring and thorough doctor I have ever met. She goes above and beyond, taking your concerns to heart and providing care in a timely manner. I recommend her to everyone!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

poor practices. ok if you are not in critical need of medical care or follow up.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

worst office staff ever - never returns calls - impossible to reach Dr. Twardon. She is wonderful and deserves an environment which supports her better. Because of her staff, I'm seeking a different physician.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Twardon is thorough, conscientious, very responsive to patients and family members, and quite knowledgeable. I really like that she takes the time to listen and doesn't rush you in and out like most doctors. Highly recommended !

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Dr. Elizabeth M. Twardon's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1995)