Ratings for Dr. Robert Z Goldstein

Dr. Goldstein was a stand up Doctor and Human being and would take the shirt off his back if you needed it. I went to Doctor Goldstein many times and he happened to be the only doctor and this includes Surgeons that Found a Big Abscess on my Right Butt Check and got me an appointment right away to see a radiologist so that they could get pictures of it that day. Once the Pictures where done They confirmed that I had The Abscess and I went back to my Colon and Rectal Surgeons who missed the abscess to get it removed. If not for Doctor Goldstein I would have been in Severe Pain with no help in site. His office staff was just like him caring and loving to every patient that walked through the doors. I wish that he was still practicing because the doctor who took over his practice does not even care about his patients but just cares about the old mighty dollar and I would not even send my dog to get treated by this joker.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

Dr Goldstein was a board certified addictionlogist. He was referred patients from other physicians to get patients OFF of opiates (Painkillers). Dr Goldstein ran CSI reports on patients to make sure they were not "doctor shopping" before he gave them medication. Dr Goldstein was a doctor who was certified to write Suboxone and got patients off of Oxycontin. He also was an internist for over 32 years in one location and is now retired. There will never be another Dr Goldstein!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

I was very upset to find out that Dr Goldstein retired. Reading the last comment I have to disagree. Dr Goldstein was a very caring, knowledgable doctor. Being opioid dependent I felt I was all alone. I was scared and ashamed. It took a lot of courage to pick up the phone and call for help. I was on the verge of losing everything, my family, my job, my house and everything that meant everything to me. When I called I was immediately greeted with a calming voice. She heard me on the other end of the phone crying and assured me everything was going to be okay. I then got connected with Debbie who was a voice of calm, and discussed all my options and made me feel much better making me feel that I am not the only one and not to be ashamed. I made an appointment. I was very nervous at first but after meeting Dr G and his staff I knew I made the right decision. I had a few slip ups but Dr G helped me through. I have been clean five years. As for the new doctor I have no use for him!!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

DR Goldstein is single-handedly responsible for the scourge of prescription drug abuse on Long Island. He has made millions by getting patients addicted to drugs much more powerful and addictive than they were already taking-then charged them to get off the drugs, and would then charge again t begin a new regimen with a new drug. Dr Goldstein should be know as Dr Oxycontin. He is the Pablo Escobar of Long Island. A criminal who will rot in hell.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

After Dr. Joseph Colucci was no longer treating at this office, it was time for me to move on. I only tolerated the rude, condescending office staff because I was happy with the doctor. The office manager who sat in some back room, was the least tolerable of all!You may want to further investigate your health care provider before going here.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

I saw dr Goldstein last month for the first time for suboxone treatment and he was very knowledgable of the drug he was going to administer, which I was very pleased with. However. The staff is the rudest and treats you with no respect whatsoever. My wife works in a doctors office and she would never speak to a patient the way they spoke to me and others in the office. I no longer will be seeing them because of how rude the staff is.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

The office staff is nasty! Do not use this group unless you are willing to deal with angry, insensitive people! I had been a patient of Dr. Goldstein's for over 20 years, and, although I feel he is a very good doctor, I am no longer willing to put up with the attitude of his staff...

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Good doctor, He mainly deals with seniors and opioid dependents. He has a lot of experience in the field.. Licensed to prescribe Suboxone, and unlike most doctors, he won't try to keep you on it to turn a better profit. Nice to his patients and you can tell he actually cares on helping people achieve a better quality of life. From talking with him I know he often attends lectures and seminars about drug addiction and treatment options to advanced his skills in the field. The only thing.. He can sometime make you wait up to an hour in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2010

do not use this doctor, very bad experience, the staff is extremely rude and the doctor just does not care

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

Dr. Robert Z Goldstein's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1965)

Workers Comp