Ratings for Dr. Leon S. Rutkowski

I have read the reviews and can not echo my positive sentiment any better. My Mom, 81 y.o., had V. bleeding and was referred to Dr R by a friend. His immediate response and action was far superior to any Doctor I have ever experienced. He put my Mom at ease, his analysis was meticulous (...from Blood tests I brought he noticed / addressed issues which my Mom's Primary Care Physician missed/did not catch) , he took his time in reviewing my Mom's medical history and in explaining the course of action we should take and the reason why. My Mom has many medical issues (including a mild stroke - her first 3 weeks ago. ... and it was clear to me that he wanted to cover every iteration of what may be causing her bleeding issue - w/o taking any unnecessary biopsies (which would create discomfort for an 81 year old) Now what is amazing to me is that he called me with test results after 10pm. - the same day ( a mere 5 hours later) after he personally helped to set up an expedited ultrasound appointment (with expedited review). I HAVE NEVER HAD A DR DO THIS. A+ in every category : RESPONSE TIME, COMMUNICATION, EVALUATION, DISCUSSION WITH PATIENT, COURSE OF ACTION, REFERRALS, BOOKINGS, FOLLOW UP, IMMEDIACY / URGENCY, I wish Medical Schools would take note of this type of rare doctor and have their students learn from them.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Dr. Rutkowski sets an example of professionalism that other physicians should follow. His genuine caring, love of his work and invaluable experience make him a class act and irreplaceable.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I have been with Dr Rutkowski 40 yrs .He is a true expert along with a bedside manner that is hard to find. He truly cares about his patients, gives sound advice and is friendly. I have suggested his services to many and they too are still his patients. A great doctor & a wonderful human being

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

Dr. Rutkowski is the best doctor I have ever seen. He makes you feel comfortable and always makes you laugh. He has years of experience and is not like the doctors today that try to get all your money then rush you out of their office as quick as possible. He does not take my insurance so I have to pay cash but I would still not switch doctors. Go to him if you want an honest, experienced, knowledgeable doctor. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Dr. Rutkowski delivered 3 of my 4 children. He is the best doctor that I ever had. I am no longer a patient of Dr. Rutkowski due to his being out of network with my insurance. Just wanted to say that his patients are blessed to have him for a doctor. He is the best!!!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

Dr. Rutkowski is the best doctor you will ever go to. He treats you like a friend not a patient. He calls immediately with test results and makes you feel comfortable from the moment you walk in till when you leave. His staff is excellent also. Cares a lot about his patients and always makes you laugh.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr.Rutkowski for 40 years. He has saved my life on three occasions when other doctors did not do thier job. He always takes the time to explain in details everything you need to know about your illnes or proceedures. He's a rare find and his nurse Ruth, who has been there for many years is a testiment to this man's integrity. He's not a doctor that's in it for the money. The patient in his care always comes first. I don't know what I would do if he retired. He's the best of the best with a great sense of humor.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

Dr. Rutkowski is such a wonderful doctor. He always has time to talk and does not rush you when you have questions. He explains everything and is so caring. His staff is also great. I travel over an hour to go to his office and it is so worth it!!!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2008

going to him for 40years, he is the best, I hope he never retires, always has time to talk to you, Office staff is great also

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008

Dr.Rutkowski is a "Gem!"It is becoming all to rare these days to find a doctor like him,he spend's such quality time with his patience!Every visit with Dr.Rutkowsi,leaves me feeling so much better!!!His expertise,care and kindness is beyond compare.He's the "Best!"

flag | Submitted November 7, 2007

Dr. Leon S. Rutkowski's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1962)

MSP/BC Med