Ratings for Dr. Michelle E. Toder

Arrogant, dismissive, and unprofessional. She is rude and places blame on patient for surgical errors. She is a very dangerous physician because she lets her ego stand before patient care and has costs lives! Do NOT go to Toder for any type of surgery. She is also condescending in the way she speaks to patients and families. Nothing pm positive to say about her!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

I saw went to this doctor, For a consult to receive weight loss surgery. I was waiting to see her for two months after a went to the initial meeting which they require you to go to .I am in a wheelchair and I normally have to go by special transport. They only go in the daytime up to 4:00pm. The meeting was 4-6pm. I had. To drag myself in a lot of pain to attend that meeting which was in Nov. 2012. The doctor didn't see me until the end of Jan..I waited 2 months., then when I finally saw her , after reviewing my case (which she reviewed way before this,and decided I would not be able to have the Operation) she said I had too many other things wrong with me. She claimed also I was too old, I am 66.! And I had to have special transport and paying all the way.They said I had to bring my husband. Someone could have told me after reviewing my papers that I was not a candidate without all the time and money I spent to get to see her. Not right!!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

She is great. Very upfront - no nonsense. She was my aunt's surgeon when she had breast cancer and will be mine for gastric band surgery and I think she is wonderful!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

I see other folks have rated Dr. Toder poorly, but I will tell you right now - she is HANDS DOWN the best surgeon. I've had nothing but the best care from her. I've dealt with her over the past four years, and I'm completely happy with my care - couldn't ask for better. She is direct, no-nonsense and no BS, so if you are expecting someone to sweet talk you or feed you nonsense, you should go somewhere else. I've had two surgeries with her - the second of which was an emergency one. I went to see her because I 'just didn't feel right'. She saw me immediately, had scans run immediately - and then cleared her afternoon (and her staffs) and scheduled surgery - again, immediately. If you are looking for direct information, excellent care and the best surgeon around - call Dr. Toder. I wouldn't change anything!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

She took the time to answer my questions. Her office staff is most helpful.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

Doctor Todor did a great Job. Scheduling was an issue because of the demand on her time.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2008

I have seen on here that other patients have negatively rated Dr. Toder. However, I feel the total opposite. She was very supportive of me and was there at 2AM in the morning when I had to have her paged because of a medical emergency. She immediately had elective surgeries wiped off the board to make room for my emergency surgery. NOT ONLY THAT, but then she called me later that day when I was in my room to check on me and to let me know to call if I needed anything. I'm sorry that the two other people who chose to rate her have had a bad experience, but I had a wonderful experience and I know a lot of other people who have had a good experience with her as well.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2007

Saw Dr. Todor as a consult for surgical IUD removal... it had punctured through my uterus into my abdominal cavity... and she was AWFUL. Very dismissive. Her solution to the situation was to "wait 6 weeks and have another X-Ray". When we asked her if a CT Scan would help locate it, she said NO, it would not tell us anything a flat X-Ray would not tell us. The next surgeon we consulted IMMEDIATELY ordered a CT Scan and scheduled surgery for the end of that same week. I will never see Dr. Todor again.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2006

Arrogant, dismissive, lacks empathy, rushed . . .. Most heartless physician I have encounted in my half-century of life. Upon direct questioning, would admit previous post-opt problems of other patients; she always blamed patient. One poor fellow I knew had grotesquely-swollen testicles after abdominal surgery; Dr. Todor said that this patient had mispositioned himself of operating table! Granted, Dr. Todor probably didn't position patient on table, but it could not have been patient's fault--this just reflects her condescending demeanor. If you choose Dr. Todor for surgery, you will spend much more time with her PAs than with her, and they seem to be trained in her rushed, dismissive techniques. She gets business in this "one-horse" town, but probably b/c prospective patients greatly outpace the availability of area m.d.s with her surgical specialty.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

Dr. Michelle E. Toder's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bangor, ME