Ratings for Dr. Paul C. Bellman

I thank GOD for Dr. Bellman He has saved my son's life, My son felt very confortable with him, he is very understanding and made my son feel wonderful after each visit. My son would still be with him (sad to say) the insurance was not accepted. I would recomend Dr. Bellman to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

I have been going to his office since the mid 90's; I can assure that he is one of the best doctors around for hiv or any other health matters, give him a try and you will see for yourself. I trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

Dr. Bellman is unquestionably the best physician I have ever had. He has saved my life a couple of times over - and not from HIV but from other illness. Of those I have known, he is one of the most knowledgeable physicians across many disease areas - and he will not stop until he gets you through the system and gets the consults you need. Always flexible with my time - can get in right away any time I just "show up." His staff are among the most sweet and caring people in medicine, but the team can work a little like a soap opera - be careful not to get involved in the antics. As responsive as Dr. Bellman is, his staff may take 3 or 4 phone calls to get them to reply or to "get it right." Overall, I would refer without hesistation to anyone with HIV.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

though bellman is known as a great doctor for those who are HIV positive, he has very poor bedside manners, and only uses his patients as rodents in any type of experiment. he only reads what they fda says and follows all their rules, in one case i was told it was okay to take all my meds at the same time when infact if i did i would of ended up in the hospital, in another case he said i could eat grapefruit which went completely against my medication. he doesn't care about his patients, if he doesnt like your first impression or anyone who is with you, he will make you wait in the waiting room and will have an attitude with you. he also commits fraud, when you dont come in he charges your insurance, and when you come in for just blood work, he says he spoke to you and charges your insurance even more.

Submitted April 10, 2008

Dr. Bellman is a kind-hearted man who views each patient as an individual with unique needs and concerns. His practice is simultaneously run with the highest professional standards, while fostering a nurturing environment that fuses treatment with genuine care. From the front desk, to billing, to his support team, the respect, care and devotion of the staff to my needs and concerns is unparalleled. This doctor returns phone calls, discusses options, keeps me informed of my lab work and manages to make me feel I have his undivided attention, all while seeing a large volume of clients there for his expertise in internal medicine - especially HIV related issues. He is a recognized expert on HIV and a trailblazer in treating those who seem out of options. He has appeared on Charlie Rose and has gone toe-to-toe with the FDA and CDC in fighting for our access to meds that might not fit into the prevailing paradigms of the HIV / AIDS crisis. Ten years and counting. I trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2005

Dr. Bellman is a highly respected HIV specialist who really seems to care about his patients. He took the time to explain my treatment options, listened carefully to my concerns and suggested a course of treatment that was tailored to my concerns. His office is very comfortable and welcoming and his staff is extremely patient and helpful. High marks!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Paul C. Bellman's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Pacificare