Ratings for Dr. Stephen K. Sargeant

On one visit when I complained about toe joint pain when walking, he told me that other doctors would laugh at my problem and dismissed it. Another time when I threw out my back and I asked him about things I could do (stretching or exercises) that I could do to hasten recovery and prevent reoccurance, he told me to check google. Seems like he has a 3 minute time limit on any appointment.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2006

Dr. Sargent has reasonable bedside manner, but that may be the most that he learned in-depth from med school. When I went to see him about my leg injury, he said "watch my shoulders" as he shrugged. When questioned, he said that "some injuries are mysteries." Fortunately on request he did refer me to an orthopedist who diagnosed my muscle tear and edema. Dr. Sargeant may be OK to see about a mild cold (take two aspirin), but if it's something serious, my advice is to see a different doctor.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2006

Told me I had to take blood pressure and cholersterol medication. When I asked for how long, he developed an attitude and said something like "I'll just write down patient refused treatment". He does work at a great facility (Scripps Clinic). However, I felt like I was just a number to him. I won't go back.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2006

careless and pay no attention to the patient problem. Try to cycle the patient through his office.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

Dr. Stephen K. Sargeant's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1975)

Commercial Insurance Company