Ratings for Dr. Douglas M. Farrago

Dr. F really cares about his patients. I've never met a doctor that spent so much time with his patients. Amazing.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Ferrago truly cares about his patients. I never have to wait when I arrive for my appointments and he is very professional. I appreciate being able to email or text him if I have an immediate need, especially with my children. His office is one of a kind and I feel so very blessed that we are his patients.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Farrago is very personal and is educational in explanations of illness or problems. He is accessible through several means of media. I appreciate the savings Dr. Farrago provides through the office lab work he provides as a means to keep the costs down for his patients. He offers seminars to the public that are helpful and informational.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I love going to Dr. Farrago! He is even available to his patient's via cell phone. Awesome doctor, helpful, and runs his practice the way every doctor should!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr. Farrago is very competent, patient-centered, and always ready to discuss what is being done and what needs to be done.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Great service Outstanding knowledge. Willing to think outside the box. Available easily. Great staff, got me off cholesterol meds and soon I'll be off of blood pressure meds. Could'nt say more!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I am so very thankful for Dr. Farrago and his staff. They are kind and welcoming, and they always answer all of my questions. Every time I visit they are organized and the environment is very peaceful. I found Dr. Farrago's practice last year while dealing with severe anxiety and mild depression. He was committed to helping me find the right medication to stop the cycle of anxiety. He genuinely cares about you. That's what sets him apart from other doctors.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr Farrago is unique. He listens, is open-minded and view his patients as whole persons. He treats sickness but his focus is on prevention and helping people live a healthy life-style. I especially love the monthly newsletter he sends to all in his practice evaluating and critiquing the latest in health and medical news. He even gives free lectures on timely topics to the community. This is how medicine should be practiced and I am thankful my family benefits from him. The office staff are wonderful, organized and efficient! It sounds too good to be true but it is reality.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Love,love,love my Doctor, Christine and Debbie! Absolutely the best Doctor I have ever had. I am truly grateful for the compassionate and outstanding care that I receive every time. God puts those extra special people in this world who minister healing, hope and restoration and Dr. Farrago is truly one of God's special agents. AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! !!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

My husband and I have been with Dr. Farrago now for over a year and I couldn’t be happier. I had an illness for almost two years that other doctors in the area had no clue how to treat me except to send me to get over the top scans and tests that were several thousand dollars. After all the tests and one laparoscopic surgery, still no diagnosis. I had lost 32 pounds in a month and a half and still after that the other doctors just told me it was IBS. Finally, feeling defeated, I gave up on trying to figure out what was wrong with me and just when I had given up all hope and still not being able to eat hardly any solid food, I went to see Dr. Farrago…not about my digestive/pain issue but rather a sinus infection. While in his office he actually spent a great deal of time with me and actually listened to me and what I had been through. He then did some research and found out that I had a parasite from being in Mexico from two years earlier! I had told every single doctor before him that I had been out of the country to Mexico and no one seemed to make the connection. After taking two rounds of medication for the parasite, I am 100% better!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr. Douglas M. Farrago's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Farrago received his Bachelor of Science from the University of Virginia in 1987, his Masters of Education degree in the area of Exercise Science from the University of Houston in 1990, and his Medical Degree from the University of Texas at Houston in 1994. His residency training occurred way up north at the Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, Maine. In his final year, he was elected Chief Resident by his peers. For fifteen years Dr Farrago practiced family medicine in Auburn, Maine with over 75,000 patient visits during that time. He has now brought that experience to Forest, Va. He has worked at MedExpress and Central Virginia Family Practice (New London) the past two years doing both urgent care and family medicine.

• Italian

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1994)