Ratings for Dr. JEFFREY S. Zapalac

Very rude! It felt like I was bothering him asking questions about my health. He is arrogant , no beside manner, callous, egotistical and to think he was referred to me by my oral surgeon. He has no business practicing if doesn't was to help his patients. I am going to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Waited for one hour past my scheduled appointment. No word from staff how much longer i would have to wait so i walked out. They were very efficient however at collecting my copay payment. That happened right on time. I demanded refund. Check the ratings for this doctor on Yelp. too. Lots of unhappy people. I suggest finding a doctor who consistently treats patients with respect. This guy seems to have some serious issues.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Very rude! Very short with no bedside manner at all. He was very arrogant, rude, and egotistical. Never will go to see that Doctor again ever.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I was 19 when i got diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I went to Zapalac first to see what this enlarged lymph node was. He did a needle biopsy and couldn't tell me anything after that. I asked him well " do you know what it is?" He said very very rudely " DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID?" I was like ok , hell no, he didn't just speak to me like that. My mom and my aunt were there and we didn't know what to say. He was very arrogant, rude, egotistical, and did not seem like he knew what he was doing. I told my mom that I want a different doctor right away. I will not be treated like that. I went to houston where a great doctor told me what the hell was going on. Zapalac called my mom to follow up. She told him that we went to a different doctor. He just hung up. If I ever run into him again, it will not be pretty. There was no way I was going to let him operate on me. NO WAY. I feel sorry for his wife/girlfriend/kids.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Everyone was great from the first phone call and saying I was a new patient to me leaving the office and making my return visit in the months ahead. Front office girls great to me as well as to all the other patients I saw coming and going.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

I had surgery scheduled with him on Christmas Eve. There was an insurance snafu which I couldn't get corrected because everyone's office was closed. I called the hospital and my surgery was still scheduled and I didn't know if I would have surgery or not. The hospital nurse recommended I call Zapalac on his cell and gave me his number. I didn't request it, she offered it. I called him and had to listen to 10 minutes worth of complaints for calling him on his cell. Needless to say I didn't want him going down my throat with his scalpel after that so I cancelled. Gigantic doctor ego.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Poor beside manner. I have moved onto another more caring ENT. Why is it that some ear Dr's won't speak up when they know you're there for an ear infection and hearing loss event?

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

On day 12 post tonsillectomy I woke up steadily bleeding. I was rushed to the emergency room closest to where I had my tonsilectomy. Dr. Zapalac was the ENT on call that weekend (unforunately, not my ENT). He was very put out on the phone, repeatedly saying he wished we would have called first. He wanted us to go a hospital 20 miles away from us instead. He lectured more upon arrival making me feel even worse. He saw how much blood i had spit out and literally said "that's not that much blood, I've seen more." he also stated that a kids life is one the line because we didnt call first. He didn't say a kids life could be on the line, he said a kids life was on the line. Which of course was not true, just a rude example he used at me while in fact, MY life was on the Line. He acted nice later after he had reclauterized the blood clot, becausce he saw that it was in fact an emergency. I found out I have Von Willebrand disease type 1. I am appalled at how he treated an 18 year old female.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

Very rude! Very short with no bedside manner at all. Some of the reviews make me wonder did we see the same Dr.? He must be a very moody individual. He is so condensending, he Doc' I'm NOT stupid! I cannot stand him and I will NOT be back for any more office calls. His receptionist also was giving the fill-in nurse H***, which was so unprofessional. The experience was horrific!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

I found Dr. Zapalac to be very disrespectful and callous with regard to my care. It took two days and 10 phone calls to get a response from him to my request that he clarify his instructions. When I expressed dissatisfaction about the care I was given he stated, "You are free to go somewhere else if you don't like it." Not very helpful, as you can imagine

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011