Ratings for Dr. Matthew L. Surgan

Is very Personable and great. Explained everything in terms that I could understand and was patient when I asked many questions. He fought my insurance company and won using his understanding and knowledge of the subject when Aetna was being a problem and refusing medicine that he suggested. I have never had a doctor go that far for a patient. Can't ask for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Worst...waste of time. Both Dr Surgan and Amy his dietician offered no knowledge about diet nor exercise protocols...just medicine for Hypothroidisn. They are not up on research and positive findings regarding lifestyle choices which have been proven to assist the body to reach the most 'normal' numbers in TSH, T4, T3

Submitted June 14, 2017

liked him very much. Took time to go over medical history and gave me a physical exam as well. Doctor called back same day when I left a message.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

The doctor has good humor, is very punctual, very thorough, very clear and takes time to explain if needed. Could not ask for a better experience.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr. Surgan is great. He takes time with you and explains things very clearly.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Highly recommend this doctor. Many people find local streets in Summit confusing, so get driving instructions from staff.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

I have to disagree with the review below. I also saw Dr. Surgan for questions about my thyroid. After some lab testing he skillfully explained the results and recommended treatment when others have not. Excellent, thoughtful, friendly and will listen.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

He's very friendly and asked me a lot of questions but failed to diagnose me with hypothyroidism because my TSH levels were within the norm. The next Dr. I went to realized that my other health issues were affecting the TSH test, something that most Dr.s should know to check. So Surgan is probably great if you have a textbook case, but if not, you should probably see someone else.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2011

Extraordinarily knowledgable, very willing to listen and answer questions. For all the young ladies he's also very attractive, but back off - he's going to be mine!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

This doctor is very knowledgable, helpful and kind. He is a blessing to our family.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Dr. Matthew L. Surgan's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2001)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Summit, NJ