Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Elion

I made a new appointment over the phone for six weeks out and then, it was cancelled on me the day before and moved to another four weeks out. But still I show up on time and I wait for over an hour before anyone tells me my doctor is late. After I see the nurse for blood pressure and weight I don't wait too long for Dr. Elion and then he comes in talking on his phone. We barely talk for another second and he is on the phone again with what I have to think was a personal call. During the rest of the appointment he checked texts and looked at his phone when I was trying to tell him about my health. What a waste. I hate to say it but this place is not offering the same kind of service you might get somewhere else. Maybe I would go back and get a recommendation to see someone else but I don't want to waste another couple months figuring it out. I am really disappointed

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

He has been my doctor for 8 years and he is like a father,brother. Nothing bad I can say about him. Yes he can be late sometimes,and some of his staff can be not nice. but when I see his wonderful friendly face, I forget everything.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

Dr. works for pharmaceuticals and I felt I as a guinea pig. Horrible experience. Do not come here.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

Dr. Elion is the best doctor that I have ever had. I initially went to him for an injury that I had from running the Marine Corps Marathon, and I found out that he is a marathoner as well and has run 5 marathons in the past. He never watches the clock with me and always has time to listen to what I have to say and to talk. He also answers most questions by email within 1 day. In addition to working as a GP, Dr. Elion is a licensed accupuncturist. The only problem that I have ever had is that it is incredibly difficult to get an appointment with him without making it at over a month in advance.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

Dr. Richard A. Elion's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1980)