Ratings for Dr. Joseph Durzieh

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Dr Durzieh is by far the best and quintessential gastroenterologist that one can find. He is Terrific physician with an unbelievably reassuring bedside manner. He was considerate and compassionate, while being comprehensive at the same time in his evaluation of my GI complaints. Listened intently to my history and then discussed interactively with me our options for diagnosis and treatment, addressing any concerns along the way. A fantastic doctor and seemingly a very decent human being, which is not always the case in the medical profession these days. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

He is an incredible doctor. Helped me so much and was so smart and kind. I also just felt that he really wanted to help me. He was THE FIRST doctor I've had in NY where I felt like that. So wonderful. Highly recommended. You will get good, genuine care with him

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

He is one of the best GI doctor’s I have ever gone to! He was very concerned with the patient’s health and very easy to talk to. His staff is very friendly and concerned as well; they are thorough and are on top of their game. I feel cared for medically and cared about as a person , and I can't recommend him enough

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Dr . Durzieh is not only a great doctor , he is a great human being. This is a very rare and special combination. From the moment I switched over to him I felt hopeful for the first time in a while. I have been to many doctors and but to have a doctor special and devoted as Dr.durzieh is priceless .

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

Dr Durzieh was one of the most thorough doctors I have ever met, he took his time and ask me a lot of questions about my condition, after having my procedure done by him he put me on the diet and medication, which help me to feel back to normal .I highly recommend this docotr. the only downside was the waiting time, however it was worth it.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

I waited over an hour to see him! As soon as he walks in the door, he acts rushed, speaks in a rude manner, and does not listen to my concerns. He is only concerned about getting you out of there quickly. I asked him questions and he made a smirk as in I don't know what I am talking about and just brushed it off. I felt offended. I waited so long to see him. He could have apologized for the long wait. He paid more attention to his young, female assistant than me. Trust me when I say that you should NOT waste your time there.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Dr. Durzieh can be dismissive if you ask questions. His office where the procedures are performed is truly impressive. Gift bags and mugs are given out to new patients. I would prefer more time and explanations from Dr. Durzieh over these freebies. His knowledge is excellent, his attitude is somewhat, "greater than thou," and his staff is generally helpful but somewhat harried. Perhaps his patient base has become too large for personalized care. As a GI MD, I suggest he hire a Registered Dietitian versus handout poorly printed special-diet pamphlets along with little explanation.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

Dr. Joseph Durzieh's Credentials

• Filipino

• Univ Of Damascus, Fac Of Med, Damascus, Syria (Grad. 1991)

Amerigroup