Ratings for Dr. Mo Mohsenian

Horrible experience with this doctor! He never took the time to explain results or attempted to help me understand MY options. Office visits were rushed and impersonal. It's sad he's the only local infertility doctor.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

I saw him for nearly a year and felt that I was steered in the wrong direction and that it was a complete waste of time!! I feel like they are just going through the motions and not treating people as individuals. I switched doctors and was pregnant within 2 months after trying for nearly 3 1/2 years. Don't waste your time here. He is nice, but did not get the job done. For something that is so difficult to go through, I do not feel they have the right approach. The staff was rude and did not have sensitivty to my emotions. They are big pushers of IVF and if you are not willing to go down that road, they seem to give up on you instead of offering other suggestions.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

I was very surprised to read the negative reviews. I have 4 people that I am close to that rec. this Dr. Our first appt was very informative, the exam was not painful and he took the time to answer our questions. You have to understand their office is very busy and they have a lot of patients but we never felt rushed and unwanted. He took us through each stage, starting at the beginning with testing and so forth to find out what was going on. If there was ever an abnormality (treated for infertility) he would discuss which direction he felt we should take but always left the choice up to us. He's a very detailed oriented doc so he often looks at my chart when I'm talking to him to check his notes and labs, which didn't bother me one bit. We got preg. after 3 months of seeing him so we are very satisified. expensive as heck but in the long run, this little girl I'm carrying is worth every penny! I plan to go back for the next pregnancy!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

I sought treatment for infertility from Dr. Mohsenian. At my first appt, I sat in an exam room for almost an hour waiting to be seen. When he did arrive, he was very rough when he performed my physical. He does not have a good bedside manner. I felt as if I was being rushed into IVF...like he didn't want to give my husband and I time to process anything. He gave us almost no explanation of the process and wouldn't give us an exact cost. Instead, he gave us a sheet with about 15 procedure codes on it and told us to call Sparrow HSP to get the amounts. All total, IVF was going to be almost twice what it is with my current RE...and my current RE has a much higher success rate and a wonderful bedside manner. I also found his nurse to be unfriendly and his office staff to be just plain rude.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2008

Had a consultation visit for infertility in 2005. Was the worse exam ever. He was very rough and it was painful. In addition he had no bedside manner. When it came to the discussion of treatment and cost it was outrageous! He charged almost $900 - cash (no credit cards) - for a procedure that other RE's only charged $145! (Please note that his billing practices may have changed since my visit.)I do know someone who has had him as their RE and loved him. I however was not impressed and would not recommend him or his clinic to any of my friends.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

After he explained how painful my disease is, I thought I would finally get help and not have to suffer. I was told to take Tylenol and learn to live with the pain. He offered no help in managing the pain from endometriosis. I WILL NOT GO BACK TO THIS DOCTOR. Even my husband was shocked sitting there listening to his lack of sympathy. He treated me like someone begging for a drug fix. I have suffered sever endometriosis and have had several surgeries to treat it through out the years. My pain in not something that Tylenol will treat. Mohsenian would not even give me a prescription strength Motrin to help. He is hard to understand, rude, and demeaning.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2006

Very rude. Doesnt even look up while speaking to patients. Not very sympathetic, and makes them feel very inadequate. Doesnt believe in communicating much and explaining things.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

Dr. Mo Mohsenian's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1972)