Ratings for Dr. Rob Kassan

I have immense trust in and appreciation for Dr. Kassan. I believe he saved my life when following up on a breast lump. I saw him for 20 years and unfortunately my insurance changed but I plan to go back to him as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

His bedside manner leaves much to be desired but hopefully his suggestions will pay off.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Dr.Kassan charges $365 for one acupuncture appointment: to the $140 for an "office visit", he adds $125 for needles on one side of the body and $100 for needles on the other. Nowhere in the office or on paperwork given to sign is there any listing or breakdown of charges. His treatments did absolutely nothing for my pain. In 20 years of receiving acupuncture treatments in the Santa Monica area, never have I encountered such pricing. And though he is a provider in my network, and I am covered for acupuncture, there is a significant amount not covered by insurance. In addition, I had several treatments before receiving an invoice. Beware.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013

Dr. Kassan has been my family physician for over 10 years. I really appreciate that he pratices both modalities. The fact that he has had virtually the same support staff the entire time I've been a patient really says a lot. I live in Inglewood and am more than happy to drive to his office in Santa Monica.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Very helpful ad friendly and professional staff. Dr. Kassan is very hands-on and a great doctor.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

I had him as a teenager and when my parents switched insurance, I had to switch. Now that I'm 30 years old I realize he was probably the best doctor I've ever had. He was patient, knowledgeable, and overall everything I want in a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Dr. Kassan is very patient and listens to what you have to say. He is very open to alternative medicine and treatments, something western medicine is not always accepting of.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2006

I went in because I had been having severe and recurring muscle fasciculations (twitching) in various places, as well as extreme exhaustion and many other symptoms. This was an emergency visit, and I was a patient of the practice. His report read, "Patient BELIEVES she is having muscle fasciculations" (my caps), and "she is under a great deal of stress" but does not mention any other (major) symptoms I reported. When the blood tests came back "normal" -- except for a slightly elevated thyroid (for me), he said "wait for it to go away." This is after I called his nurse several times and asked what "normal" meant. Complete disregard for my calls. A couple of months later, I was diagnosed (by a different doctor) with neurological Lyme disease that has been cleared up with antibiotics.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

Dr. Rob Kassan's Credentials

• Irvine California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)