Ratings for Dr. James D. Loo

The comments below are accurate. Dr. Loo's front desk staff are AWFUL. In fact, they are just rude, especially Andrea. Dr. Loo himself is a great doctor, taking time to explain things and going over potential courses of action. I also like the fact that he has an in-house phlebotomist to draw blood and the location is great if you need medical imaging, since Simon MRI and X-ray are in the same complex. If you can stomach the rude and arrogant front desk staff, then you won't be disappointed with Dr. Loo. Just a warning...be prepared to be ignored, brushed aside, and treated like dirt by his front desk people. I have actually contemplated switching doctors because of his arrogant front desk staff. However, once you get behind that door to see him, everything else will be well worth it. The nurses and doctor here are top notch.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

I've been Dr. Loo's patient for almost 8 years now. Dr. Loo is awesome! Days when I've had emergencies, they have seen me the same day within the hour! The staff sometimes has issues but the doctor himself, no complaints :-)!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

I've been a patient here for almost 3 years and have never even seen Dr. Loo in the office. It is near impossible to get an appointment with him, so expect to see his NP. She's friendly, but I'm in the process of looking elsewhere for healthcare.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

Dr Loo has been our family doctor since we moved to the area in 2004 and we love everything about his practice. He and the NPs are all very knowledgeable, professional, and thorough! The office staff are always friendly and helpful. I never have a problem getting an appointment, and never have to wait long once I arrive.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

Doctor Loo has been our family doctor since 1998. He is not only knowledgeable but he takes time with us to listen and is very sincere. He gets to know his patients specifically so we know he is treating us in a whole/well rounded way. Best doc ever!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. Loo is extremely helpful. I came in for intestinal issues, and got a quick referral. He then took time to give me reccomendations on how to apply to Med School and he felt very sincere. Overall a great MD. I would reccomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr Loo is the best Doctor I have ever had in my life. I have been in the care of Dr Loo for 10 years now.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

We have gone to Dr. Loo for several years and we love him. He is so pleasant and really cares about his patients. His staff is very helpful and promptly takes care of any request you ask for.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2009

We have seen Dr. Loo since 1995 and absolutley love him and his staff. He is the only dr my husband will see voluntarily and I am happy my daughters will be able to see him as they get too old for the pediatrican.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

Dr. James D. Loo's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1993)