Ratings for Dr. Howard Karpoff

I have seen Dr. Karpoff for surgery follow-up visits. i am extremely satisfied with the care and attention I have received. His knowledge and professionalism have given me total confidence in his advice and have been very reassuring in a situation that is stressful.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Dr. Karpoff is incredibly professional, knowledgeable, and approachable. He explained the procedure in detail, answered all of my questions and ones that I didn't even think of, and engendered total trust.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I saw this doctor at the recommendation of my primary doctor. I was considered high risk for breast cancer 25%because of family history but have no personal history of breast cancer. He was trying to put me on either tamoxiphen or evista as a preventative regime. I have discussed the side effects of evista with my endocrinologist since I have minimal osteopenia and decided that evista was not necessarily a safe option for me since there is a very high risk of cardiac and cerebral vascular disease in my family also... Dr.KARPOFF would not listen to me. He wanted me to see him every 6 months and I decided that seeing him for breast exams alone would be redundant since I am getting thorough breast exams from my gyn and my primary......3 weeks after I cancelled my appointment I got a registered letter that I needed continued care for my medical condition. I have negative breast MRIs,negative mammograms, negative ultrasounds is not a medical condition. Risk is risk not a condition.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

I had a hernia repair.He was recommended to me by a few people, and I now see why they recommended him to me. Waiting in the lobby...honestly the longest I waited to get into the room was about 10 mins, and I had to wait in the room for about 15-20 mins, but that's typical of any doctors office. He answered any questions I had, and was understandable about my surgery, and very informative. My surgery went excellent. He was very caring and gave great advice. He was on time, and when it came time for my surgery he actually started to tickle me because he realized I'm very ticklish, and I thought that was humorous of him to do that. His staff was excellent. Humorous and informative like every staff should be. My surgery went excellent, and I couldn't have asked for it to go any better. My recovery has been so fast that I'm actually surprised by how fast I have been healing. It only took about two weeks after my surgery to feel back to normal again. Great Dr!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

Dr. Karpoff is uncaring, condesending and rude. Each time I've seen him he makes negative remarks about some part of my body. For example, my last appointment was after work. I was dressed like a professional with high heel shoes on. He walks into the room looks at my shoes and said, "What are you wearing those for?" "You know how bad they are for your feet?" (I am 5ft. 9in. without heels) He was just mad because he is so SHORT!! His jokes and bedside manner are awful.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

talk about arrogant... this guy need hang up his stethoscope.... rude, condescending.... full of him self and displays this in his practice. I wouldn't take my dog to see him... very discouraging and perhaps a stain on crystal run healthcare.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

This doctor was awful. He came in doing a poor comedy routine instead of focusing on my questions and concerns. He was very rough, and did not listen.he made me feel more worried and less reassured when I left. He lacks compassion and has no bedside manner. Do not see him.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

Dr. Karpoff spoke about breast cancer potential extremely dispassionately, in my opinion. He stared at his laptop for most of the exam. I would say that he was arrogant and extremely non comforting. Breast cancer is terrifying to women and a doctor should be sensitive and soothing. Not here.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

He may be a good surgeon, but is so arrogant would never use him again. He doesn't want to be bothered explaining anything, don't ask a question, he gets annoyed, how dare you question him. Terrible with follow-up after surgery, don't have a problem he doesn't want to or doesn't know how to deal with problems after surgery. Wouldn't go to him again.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

I have been a pts of Dr. K's for something like 3/4 yrs. When he delivered my (2009) BC diagnosis he couldn't have been more compassionate! Having been his pt for some time I knew what to expect from him at every apt and we used humor as a method of dealing with my illness. To know Dr. K is to love him. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a surgeon and I will continue to be his pt until he retires.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

Dr. Howard Karpoff's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

MVP Health