Ratings for Dr. Sherwood K. Duhon

Dr. Sherwood Duhon came in to meet me and to say that I will need a shoulder replacement. I then had a cortisone injection into right shoulder. The pain is extremely painful due to little or no cartilage. Again, Dr. Dushon should have let me know what to expect, when new shoulder should go in and what are my alternatives currently? X-rays were taken on my right shoulder. Dr. Dushon never suggested that I could see them. To have a visual about what cartilage, if any, do I still have and how long before the surgery?

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Only complaint is that the wait time with TOCA doctors can be excessively long. It is my understanding that appointments are double-booked. If that is the case, then that no doubt contributes to the problem with timeliness. Understand that issues with patients come up during the appointment but I have waited up to 2 hours at times. I currently am seeing 2 Doctors there and my husband one. I am told to be there 15 minutes before my appointment or I won't be seen even if I arrive at the time of the appointment. But then after filling out the same forms over and over, I still sit and wait this last time for 1 hour. One time I called and advised I was in a terrible traffic snarl but would make it for my appointment time. When I arrived on time I was told I had to wait behind all the other patients or come back another time. I asked if the Dr. was on time and was told no but because I wasn't there 15 minutes ahead I still had to wait behind everybody else. We sat there for at least 3 hours. That is absurd, since the Dr. was behind anyway, plus I had called and told them my problem with traffic. Have no complaints about the Doctors we see. Been coming to TOCA for about 15 years.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

The service at TOCA has always been great. That's why when I injured my hip, I went to see Dr. Duhon. He has been great and has really helped me get healed as fast as my body will allow.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Highly recommend both Dr. Duhon and TOCA's PT staff. They really are the best!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

My father is an Internal Medicine Physician and he told me that Dr. Duhon is the best. After seeing him, I understand why. Very knowledgeable and good at what he does.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Duhon since the mid 1990s. I am school teacher and avid racquetball player. With school starting up the next week, Dr. Duhon had prescribed Orthovisc for my knee. Due to some insurance issues it took longer than I had expected to get approved and delivered to OCAT. However, I was called on Friday morning the 5th. When asked about any appointments for that day on my side of town, they had none. The scheduler, though did call the office on my behalf twice, and managed to squeeze me in at the end of the day. Chris, Dr. Duhon's PA, stayed to give me the first of my series, thus allowing me some relief to get through my first week of school. A BIG THANK YOU to TOCA staff for going above and beyond for me.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr. Duhon is very smart and I highly recommend him to my closest family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. Duhon and the entire TOCA staff was great from start to finish.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

My first impression was not a good one, but I continued because I realize surgeons do not always have good bed side manners. But after getting to know Dr. Duhon I really liked him. I realize he is very busy and does not have a lot of extra time to spend with patients, but he was willing to listen. His PA Michael is excellent and Irene is also very helpful. As for other staff it makes a HUGE difference which office you see him at. Everyone at the Scottsdale office is wonderful. Even though he is often behind, they are very courteous. I can say the same thing about the Glendale office. I did not like the Tempe office staff and will drive further to be seen preferably in Scottsdale.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

I found this review opportunity while looking for contact info for Dr. Duhon. He repaired my foot 10+ years ago and I have had NO problems. My daughter now needs care on her hand and I want / trust Dr. Duhon to evaluate and provide treatment (if needed) for my daughter. I trust him to provide great care and compassion. John

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr. Sherwood K. Duhon's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Molina