Ratings for Dr. Clayton R. Lowder

If they weren't so overbooked that you wait at least an hour at each appointment, the staff might be friendlier and the doctor less rushed and have time to do proper research on a diagnosis

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Very caring physician who listens to the patient..

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

I have always had excellent care and attention with Dr. Lowder and his staff. If you schedule your appointments early morning, perhaps those that feel rushed happens later in the day. He always takes time to speak about my health concerns and has taken time to spiritually offer his way of dealing with stressful situations, so I have never felt he was rushed or I was bothering him. I like that they take the extra x-ray if needed and do the same day, I actually ending up one visit with walking pneumonia and would not have known if he had rushed through my care that day. I feel the new patient portal is a godsend to make appointments and get the next day call back for an appointment. My overall experience is a positive one and I think this staff can also discuss some of a patient's questions, and they always seem to have my health care questions ready when Dr, Lowder gets in to office to see me. I am glad that I can talk with him not only for medical issues but also issues that can lead to health problems and for me that few extra minutes make a difference in why I call him my doctor!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Lowder for several years now and I totally trust him. If I have questions, I write them down and hand them to him to answer before he gets a chance to leave. Like other have said, he seems to always be in a rush. You get to your appointment and have to wait for an hour or so to be seen, then he only is in with you for just a short amount of time. I would recommend that he a lot time for the Consulants coming in with new meds that want to talk with him or any other Dr. I just don't understand why you have to wait so long to be seen and when you are it's only for a few minutes. I know there are some circumstances that will take away from that, but it's getting to the point that it's every time you go in.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Great doctor overall. Very nice. Very knowledgeable. Great demeanor. Only thing is he's always rushing.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Been this practice for a while and saw Dr. Lowder for the first time. He was scheduled to go home early, but worked me in and didn't rush. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I have never had any billing problems at this practice either. The practice is a busy place, but it's because people love it. I love it too and would recommend it to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

Would NEVER use this practice again, even if they were the only game in town. They are money grubbers, they OVERBILLED my insurance to the tune of THOUSANDS of dollars..luckily I CHECK my claims. They also told us one thing wouldn't be covered by insurance, and had us pay cash. We paid the cash, only for them to turn around andfile a clain with my insurane company and get repaid 100% again for the same service. Never laid eyes on him, Yet he was "my physician". What a JOKE. Oh, and the office is so filthy.. Food and cans everywhere, the carpet filthy dirty, the whole place made me feel like I needed to take a shower after getting home. Needless to say, I switched doctors.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2011

Dr. Lowder is very efficient. His demeaner speaks volumes, he cares and is always friendly. He instills confidence. The staff is highly competent, answers questions when asked, knowledgeable, and people oriented.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr. Lowder and associaties run their medical office like a assembly line with very little concern for the patient. Waits of 1-2 hrs are not uncommon and the time spent in diagnosis is extremely limited.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

I don't have any problem with Dr. Lowder. It's his nursing staff. When I phoned for a refill,starting at 9 a.m., I had to call 6 or 7 times, each time speaking to a different nurse, therefore having to repeatedly state the problem. By the time I got a nurse who wanted to help me, Dr. Lowder was long gone and had no clue about me having any problem, or needing refill on antibiotics. At 6 pm I was sitting in his parking lot on hold, and that was when they decided to let me know they could do nothing until I came in. It's just too busy in that place to get anyone to pay attention to you. They all seem to think that someone else is taking care of it. It's a crying shame, that you have to raise cain and fuss and cry to get someone to listen to you. I guess if this ever occurs again, I'll just start off fussing and raising cain. Maybe that way we can just jump to the end.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2008

Dr. Clayton R. Lowder's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Delta Dental