Ratings for Dr. Ewa Szafraniec

RONNIE (receptionist) is the RUDEST person we've EVER dealt with! Dr insisted I had a three year old son when we have two COLLEGE age children. How can one receive help when your stupid Dr doesn't even look at your chart?

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Szafraniec for a little over three years. Initially she talked with me about my depression and various other issues. The medications I received were very helpful and I felt much better. After that every other visit was short and lasted about 15 minutes-felt like I was given the bum's rush. Her front office receptionist, Ronny should retire. A very angry woman with no compassion, heart or soul. Left a message about needing to see Dr. Szafraniec immediately. My daughter had ended her own life. Ronny had messages in her hand when I came in. She said the doctor was with her last patient of the day. My husband asked if an exception could be made. She stomped into the doctor's office, rolling her eyes, huffing and puffing about my daring to inconvenience her and the doctor. I am a member of Blue Cross/Blue Shield and they contract behavior health with Biodyne Network. I pay $15 a visit. In September of 2014, Ronny informed me that my visits had been "bumped up" to $25. I didn't

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I have seen Dr. Szafraniec for quite a bit now. She's has helped me tremendously with chronic issues that I have. I've not found a more caring and compassionate individual. When advice is needed, she will help in a no-nonsense mature manner. Thank you! :-)

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I have seen Dr. S for 10 years. I credit her with saving my life. She listens to me and has provided me medication to help me function. Her role isn't to counsel and I am seeing complaints about this. There is a difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist. If you want to talk out your problems see a psychologist.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

DO NOT go to this doctor. I have never felt more disrespected or talked down to my whole life. I felt like it was the blind leading the blind. She does not listen, is distracted and it is very confusing to talk to her. I have wasted almost 2 years out of fear of switching doctors. But I have had it. She and her receptionist both are extremely difficult people to interact with. I have gotten worse on her bizarre cocktails of medication that other doctors shake their head at and tell me I should not be on. Avoid this office at all costs. For someone who is suicidal this treatment may push themover the edge. She does not listen and discourages me more than encourages. I have gotten more information from web md. Terrible experiences.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I have seen dr szafraneic for 6 years now. However I am finally switching psychiatrists due to her receptionist. I can no longer tolerate Her rude and crass behavior. She never answers the phone, is constantly sending me erroneous bills, and is rude whenever I talk to her. It is too bad dr szafraneic will lose potential patients by cause of her receptionist.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

First things first ...shes NOT a therapist so the ones who commented that they didnt get a full hour go get a therapist! She is willing to listen and ALWAYS remembers whats goin on with me.She has been open to switching my medications and gives fair advise. She is blunt at times because she has to be. We tend to forget that the doctor is there to aid us in our lives by giving medications that help us survive. The rest is up to us as we have to also help ourselves. Receptionist is not cold but chilly although ive had great conversations with her. The only thing i hate is the charge if i miss an appointment.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Ewa is a very blunt shrink, she keeps her visits very short your in and out. She had no problem calling me childish or telling me exactly what she thought of me. Which is hard because ultimately you had no idea my horrid life. Her goal is medication plain and simple and she sticks to her disgnosis regardless if it's not correct because the thing is patients lie, often to get what they want she's a bit distracted to notice. I found her irritating when I attended sessions because she always told me I was wrong I found out after switching to a new doctor I wasent getting better because I was on way to many medications. Don't mix an SSRI with bipolar meds he says, and how are you on 6 different meds? I ended up in the hospital with her med concoction almost dead from my recommended dose, 2 years later on the right meds and better. Just be cautious.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

She is a bit hard to understand through her accent. But I told her a breif summary of my problems and she than asked if i could choosea specific fix in a med what would i want. My wants described what ***** is designed to help. And she also shed light on learned behavioral patterns from tramatic child hood times

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Dr. Szafraniec is the first doctor that has ever really listened to me. Have gone to her since 2009 to 2012. I moved to Montana in 2012. I have just recently moved back to Arizona. I am going to go back to her because she is a wonderful psychiatrist. She really cares about people and that showed when I was in the hospital and had her for my psychiatrist. I had been misdiagnosed for years. She diagnosed me as bipolar. I was so depressed and suicidal until she put me on the right medication which saved my life. Thank you Dr. S.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013