Ratings for Dr. Moona Haque

After meeting with Haque several times, we finally had our final examination with her in which she was conducting an ultrasound. At this point, while doing the ultrasound, she basically blurted out that she didn't see a heartbeat. Stunned, we looked at her and said what does this mean? Very emotionless and without hesitation, Haque blurted it's probably a blighted-ovum and that it happens all the time. Because of the lack of bed side manner, and without any emotion or understanding of our situation, we were incensed. Because we expressed our displeasure with Haque's demeanor, she "discharged" my spouse from her care. This happened in excess of 10 years ago and it's something we never forgot. We now understand that these things do happen quite a bit, but how this was told to us and how she acted as if it was no big deal, especially for first time parents, no one should have to go through something like this.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

This will be my third pregnancy with Dr. Haque. I have had a pleasant experience with Dr. Haque and her staff. I would recommend her to anyone for their pregnancy. I'm considered high risk and I feel like Dr. Haque took all the necessary precautions. I had to be induced with my first two. The inductions went extremely smooth. I felt comfortable at all times. I will also be induced with my third base off my history and current medical conditions. I've seen other reviews stating the doctor forced induction however I never felt forced. It is for my safety and the baby.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I had to switch to this doctor last minute in my pregnancy when my other OBGYN retired. It was the worst experience. During delivery, she was barely around even though my son's heart rate kept dropping. Then when it was time to push and I was fully dilated, the nurses just apologized and said they didn't know where she was and made me lay on my side and wait. They called and called but couldn't get in touch with her. Turns out she was in an emergency surgery....For 3 Hours before she got back to my room. The anesthesiologist was offering to deliver the baby. She also has zero bedside manner...After delivery she told me about my hemorrhoids/prescribed medication in front of my family and extended family. Didn't even give them time to leave the room. I would not recommend her to anyone and honestly I question her ability as a doctor.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I was desperate to find an OB so I chose her without checking reviews, bad idea. Everything was going well till I got close to delivery, first baby and a very healthy pregnancy but she still pressured me every week after I hit 38 weeks to have an induction. I'm a nurse and I knew that there was no medical necessity for an induction. It made the end of my pregnancy very stressful. She wanted me to induce 3 weeks before I finally gave in, I induced at 41 weeks. I won't be seeing her for my future pregnancies

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Dr Haque is AWESOME!! I had to have a laparotomy to remove 5 fibroids; two cantaloupe size (12 cm) and three baseball size (10 cm). Dr Haque recommend an epidural which I am soooo grateful I took her advise. I had no pain after surgery! I had to have a 5 inch vertical incision starting below the navel. I was under general anesthesia and surgery lasted about 1 1/2 hours. The pathology report showed my uterus weighing 7.5 lbs!!! Dr. Haque was very knowledgeable on what options I had. Very caring and had awesome bedside manners!!! I lost 12lbs after surgery and no longer looked 6 months pregnant. The change was noticeable after 2 1/2 weeks. I wore the belly wrap day and night for my entire recovery period for 6 weeks.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr. Haque is pretty rude and blunt. She spends less than 5 minutes in the room and looks at you like an idiot. She's very emotionless and is just doing a job. I don't think it's a good idea for first time moms to go to her, although when you have done experience having more kids, you won't feel too offended. Know your questions when you go in, and talk to her. Call her out on the spot if necessary, but don't let her walk out on you when you're not done with the appt.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Had a bad experience. I was bleeding for 2 months after my d & c, should have switched Doctor immediately when I felt some thing was wrong with the care. I just gave them or her some time to make things better but it took a long time to finally feel much better. It was pretty emotionally traumatic indeed, will not come back. Sorry...

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Horrible experience. Because she did not listen to my concerns (or anything I said during our visits) I had heavy bleeding after a procedure and thought I had miscarried. I continued to bleed for a month afterward. When I voiced that I was upset with how the procedure was mishandled, she got in my face and told me I should find another doctor. I did switch doctors and now, I'm very pleased with the care I'm receiving.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I tried her for my first ob visit and never go to her office again. She was really rude to me, I have seen no respect to me. Horrible experience

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

I love Dr Haque. I can't imagine her being anything other than pleasant and caring. I believe she is my favorite Dr of all time!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Dr. Moona Haque's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1996)