Ratings for Dr. Karen L. Stierman

1st appt. revealed no issues. Dr. Stierman suggested a formulated Betahistine drug, then increased, followed by decreasing my HCTZ drugs. Result? Three day hosp. stay with low sodium.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I needed a second opinion about an expensive biopsy. I am so glad I saw Dr. Stierman. She saw me on short notice, was very thorough in her exam and completely clear in her diagnosis. While she concurred with the first opinion, she explained why and gave me alternatives to a hospital biopsy (while explaining the relative risks of office vs. hospital biopsies). Even though she squeezed me into her tight schedule she still took the time needed to answer my questions, and to explain things I never would have known to ask about. She's first rate.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr. Stierman performed a myringotomy which turned out to be unnecessary and actually made my underlying condition worse. Plus, due to miscommunication with nursing staff about the use of drops, the incision failed to heal, creating a permanently perforated eardrum. This all could have been avoided if she had listened better. She means well, but I believe she's too busy to pay close attention to patients' complaints. All in all, I'm worse off than before I went to see her.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Very helpful and willing to try conservative treatment of a chronic sinus infection. She really listens to your complaints and works with you to get results. Staff is utilized appropriately so that you get all of the info in and don't sit in the waiting room forever. The best of both worlds.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

She is intelligent, knowledgeable, and effective. She helped me get rid of a sinus infection that another doctor had treated for 8 years.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

Dr. Karen L. Stierman's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1997)

Commercial Insurance Company