You may also like

Dr. Swarr has been my physician since 2007 and has always been compassionate and a thorough doctor. From a serious car accident, to general care and annual physicals he has always been great and treated me like a very important patient. He is also respectful of my own viewpoints and concerns about certain medications and desire to treat certain things naturally when possible. Im very glad I found this practice, usually they are very prompt, but in the occasion there is a situation with an emergency or large volume of patients, the longer wait it is always worth it.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I have been with Dr. Swarr and team for almost 10 years now. He is truly one of the most compassionate and empathetic practitioners I have ever encountered. He has seen my teenagers into their adulthood and continues to treat them today. He is thorough and goes above and beyond whenever warranted. I have started my mother in his practice and it's great when I go in on a visit for myself and he knows enough about the family to be able to ask about them all! Even when he is not available, the office has plenty of great staff to cover in his absence. I hope I am never faced with finding a replacement for him...he is truly a gift to this community!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Physician failed to show for appointment that was scheduled 8 months in advance. Excuse was that he had a meeting "come up". I asked if it was an emergency that took him away and the staff very sheepishly said no. Very unprofessional and no apology from business manager. Called contacts from Vandy where he was trained and they represent he was an attentive physician while there, but he left the Vandy system and they have heard different opinions since then. Apparently running his own business with partners is beyond his capability. Suggest finding an alternate physician.

Submitted October 8, 2015

Very attentive and thorough doc. I went based on his Angie's List review which was excellent.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

Very attentive and sharp doc. Jenny his nurse is fabulous. A bit of a wait for a visit but worth it.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

I have been under the care of Dr. Swarr and his staff for six years. First of all, Dr. Swarr is a brilliant MD. He is a great communicator and is extremely thorough. He always is a very warm and sincerely cares about his patients. I would highly recommend Dr.Swarr. I have friends in the Medical field who all say this guy is the real deal and Nashville is lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Dr Swarr has been our pediatrician for our kids and family doctor for me for about 3 years now. We moved here from Michigan and I have to say that he's great! He never let's us leave without answering all of our questions. My neighbors see him too and they like him a lot as well. Trust me--you'll like him a lot!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

Dr. Swarr sets a high standard as a physician, he is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. Not only does he take the time to really listen to my concerns, but he really cares. With the continual challenges facing medical practices and the pressures on clinicians today, I find his practice very efficient, the staff to be polite and caring. I have also seen Drs. Bullock and Edmondson - the entire practice is one we are lucky to have in our city.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Waited a very long time for my appointment (1 hour and 20 minutes). Was very frustrating.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Dr. Swarr and his staff were excellent. We were visiting out of town and my infant son was diagnosed with either Pneumonia or bronchitis from another walk in clinic. I called Dr. Swarrs office and they saw him to give a second opinion and confirmed pneumonia via xray. They upped his antibiotics and did not throw unneccesary medicines towards us. He and his staff took time and listened to us and he was able to make am accurate diagnosis for my infant son who was born with pneumonia when he was born. He was very sensitive about my sons history as well. Thanks from Valrico Fl!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

Dr. Peter J. Swarr's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Swarr has been my physician since 2007 and has always been compassionate and a thorough doctor. From a serious car accident, to general care and annual phy..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dr. Swarr and team for almost 10 years now. He is truly one of the most compassionate and empathetic practitioners I have ever encountered. H..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Physician failed to show for appointment that was scheduled 8 months in advance. Excuse was that he had a meeting "come up". I asked if it was an emergency t..."

October 8, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=17656'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

March 12, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=17656'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.3

February 5, 2014