Ratings for Dr. Su Yong Kuo

I have had Dr. Kuo as my family doctor for a year, I feel so lucky to find a very knowledgeable doctor with very good service. She always gives me the time and attention to my problem, explain everything in details too. She is execllent and the best! I would never change to any other doctors!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

good services, staff are nice, fast submit authorization

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

She is really good on detection diabetic and cancer diagnostic

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr Kuo was so amazing with me. She explained everything in detail and was so thorough. I absolutely recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I wished I saw these comments before I went to see her. It took her one hour & thirty-five minutes before I saw her in her office visit. She saw all of her prior patient first, even the one that was late before I finally got to see her. I have a feeling she gives preferential treatment to certain patient. She totally got no concept of privacy whatsoever! The whole entire time during my initial visit, the questions and answers session was done with the door open and her loud voice was used an a speaker phone for the entire office to hear. She telling me she doubt the testing I got from an audiologist and my insurance won't cover for this service. I felt totally disgusted after leaving her office visit than when I went to see her in the first place.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

My greatest concern with Dr. Kuo is that she has no sense of privacy during and after the visit (often with the exam door open discussing private matters with patients and later discussing your medical situation with other patients who may be friends or family). I have heard her with her other patients while in the waiting room. I also do not appreciate her rash and patronizing demeanor. She makes me feel like a nuisance, as if wanting to get me out as soon as possible. I feel it's important to have a strong physician-patient relationship built on trust and understanding, but it is severely lacking here. I do not doubt that she may be a knowledgeable physician, but if she does not make the appropriate efforts to communicate effectively with her patients, the proper treatment cannot be realized or carried out without the engagement of the patient. Pls also note: annual physicals are usually fully covered by insurance (no co-pay to Dr. Kuo). I advise against her & have changed providers.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

first shes ask for 95 dollars for a physical exam which sounds good. i have bad feeling when they ask for cash payment outright when i came to the clinic. and when i finally get inside and see dr. kuo she said vaccinations , blood test and other test are not included. it came out very expensive 250 dollars more, and when i ask to cancel she said said she wont give my money back. coz thats for her services. but she only give me blood pressure and tb test be careful with this dr. why cant she be honest and say 350 for physical exam at the beginning.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Very knowledgeable and experienced clinician. Friendly and accessible.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

She's the worst "doctor" I have ever been to in my life.She started out by accusing me of abusing my 2 1/2 month prescription of Vicodin.She said that it wasn't a cure (which I know) after she asked me if I was using any pre-scriptions. After I explained that it was necessary to take because of the pain I was in, she once again told me that it wasn't a cure. I told her that I was in pain and that is why I had to take it the previous night, she once again, explained that it wasn't a cure. I told her that I knew it wasn't a cure, but that I had to take two the previous night so I could rest comfortably. She then asked me "how did I know this is the same thing I was diagnosed with a couple months earlier. I told her because I was having the same exact symptoms I previously had. Then she asked how did I know what I had. I told her, because I was diagnosed with it a couple months ago.She said how do you know? I told her because the doctors examined me,ran tests,then diagnosed me.Thers' more

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

Dr.Kuo is very helpful. whenever there's something wrong or that i need, she'll do whatever she can to help or figure out what's wrong. she'll prescribe the best and most affordable treatment that i need. after going to so many doctors in order to figure out what kind of stomach problem i had, she helped refer to me a specialist in UCI medical that helped me get my problem under control. overall, Dr.Kuo is a great family physician. she actually cares about her patients and is very dedicated to treating them.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011