Ratings for Dr. Susan Auerbach-Ferdman

Office hours are a joke; she's barely there and barely present when she is there. Aloof. We moved further North and I had an injury requiring physical therapy. She would ONLY refer me to her OWN internal network of referrals. I called Tuft's to complain and never finished my physical therapy bc I couldn't commute the 75 mins each way multiple days a week. RIDICULOUS and I've been a fool to have kept her as my primary for so long. I am FINALLY changing bc I can't deal with continuing to avoid going to the doctor. CVS's Minute Clinic has saved me over the past two years!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

I am very satisfied with the quality of care that Dr. Auerbach provided me during many years. In my opinion, she is an excellent and well qualified doctor.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one. Let me sum it up. I went to this woman feeling lousy and exhausted. Gave her a list of all my symptoms. She told me she would run some blood tests but that she thought I should see a physchiatrist - that it was all in my head. A week later her assistant calls me to tell me I was pregnant! Do yourself a favor avoid this doctor!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

Very rude and arrogant. Refers almost every issue to a specialist.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2008

Every time I go to this office I promise myself it will be the last. The receptionists are often cheerful enough, but still a negative vibe prevails. I wait at least 20 minutes in the examining room, often longer. I have almost left several times. I always think, "If she doesn't apologize for being late, or at least acknowledge it, I am not coming back." Of course I don't switch doctors because I haven't found the time to investigate new ones (Trying to now, at this site!). She's not very friendly and is, in fact, often condescending. I don't feel valued here at all and she does not treat the "whole" patient -- in fact, she knows very little about me after 15 years and never asks about what's happening in my life. As a result, I don't go for checkups enough. I am looking for a new physician.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

No office or phone coverage when she is away-Office suggested patient go to walk-in clinic in another town. Had pharmacist inform me she would not renew a Rx which I had from my Dr. of 20 years. Had one initial appt., and one follow-up scheduled in 6 months. Did tests she requested, and she never communicated any results. Guess I was supposed to wait for six months

flag | Submitted April 9, 2007

I went to her for years complaining of sinus infections and bronchitis. Thankfully my sister, who does medical transcription, said it sounded like adult onset asthma, and recommended I go to a pulmonary specialist. I was diagnosed as a severe asthmatic by a pulmonary specialist at a Boston hospital. He diagnosed me from tests used to diagnose asthmatics. Thankfully my sister was right.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2006

very helpful and understanding

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Likes over the counter remedies. Refers to specialists for almost anything. Very limited differential diagnoses. Did not read chart before visit despite complex case. Uses ancient answering machine that often does not work. Fax machine unreliable.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

Dr. Susan Auerbach-Ferdman's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1983)

HealthPartners