Ratings for Dr. Susan E. Kolb

Dr. Kolb is the most caring, genuine and humanitarian doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She has helped and continues to help women all over the world. I love Dr. Kolb, she is an earth angel.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

If I could give more stars on Dr. Kolb's Knowledge and Expertise, there would be no limit to it. Explant Surgery is a critical and difficult procedure. I searched the US West Coast for a knowledgeable surgeon and could not find one. Believe me, Dr. Kolb is THE expert. Do not look any further. Do not look for alternatives. It took Dr. Kolb 4 hours to remove the implants and capsules and during the procedure she found 2 enlarged lymph nodes which had to be removed too. Dr. Kolb saved my life. If anyone on this site is as shallow as to rate Dr. Kolb on the basis of her (beautiful) office, they do not underhand the extend to which implants cause harm/ potential death. The fact that Dr. Kolb does not need to impress with the most shiny practice only shows, she actually knows what is important. Thank you to Dr. Kolb for the work you are doing!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr. Susan Kolb saved my life. Someone on this site reviewed her clinic as being cluttered and unclean. As a patient of hers, I absolutely did not find that to be the case at all. I found her clinic to be very welcoming and well working. It may not look like a fancy, superficial, professionally decorated Spa, but I prefer the emphasis on the things that matter, and as well they did! Her knowledge, expertise, insight, experience, and holistic approach to the whole person is unmatched. Her use of scientifically proven applied kinesioligy is very helpful in pinpointing the most effective treatment for the patient. She truly is a gifted surgeon and human being. Anyone in her presence should feel themselves blessed that a woman and surgeon of her stature would work tirelessly to spend time with each and every individual patient at the extent in which she does is unparalleled. She tirelessly, day and night, answers emails from people all over the world that she's never even met before to answer questions caused by a denied or misunderstood illness by most in the area of plastic surgery and beyond. God be with her as she is an angel among us, and has many more women to help.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

So happy I chose Dr. Kolb for proper explant and have no regrets. I give Dr. Kolb 5 stars as she saved my life and has been there all the way for me. She works day and night and in-between Dr. Kolb e-mails woman who are very sick. I do not know how she finds the time to sleep. I was at a bedridden state and she's been my Angel all through my implant journey.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Dr. Kolb is a godsend with a knowledge of information for women suffering with breast implant illness. She is always there for women, answering questions through emails and messages. She did my explant, node removal and lift June 2015 and I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. To this day I can email her if I need anything and she gets right back with me to help. She is one of the busiest offices with lots of women waiting to get it so obviously you will have to have patience when contacting them and going see them which is not a problem for being able to get such a great doctor. I was happy to wait and to have my turn with her as she takes her time with her patients. And as for those complaining about clutter, who cares. If you are really ill from Implant illness and really looking for a doctor to help you with this then that should be the last thing on your mind. Kinesiology is a great thing to practice. Lots of people and doctors around the world use this. This is a very useful tool for this complicating disease. I give Dr. Kolb 5 stars all the way!! Love her for what she does for all of us and the cause. Thanks Dr. Kolb!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

Dr. Kolb is that rare doctor who cares for you before, during and long-after your procedure. She removed my leaking breast implants. She is one of a handful in the US very much trusted by women who have researched breast implant illness, to do it the right way to make sure your body can detox and recover from the illnesses caused by your body rejecting implants. She has always been available and highly responsive to emails and questions through her Facebook page. She is rare in that she has great knowledge and skill with western medicine, but also believes in asking and listening to your body for what medicines and supplements will help with your treatment and recovery, also known as muscle testing. It's rare to find a doc who cares so much about their patients and has the courage to do what she does. Her office isn't like your typical sleek, sophisticated plastic surgical practice offices. It's not sleek and sophisticated and spa like, but I could care less. Her focus is on the patient healing and not the trappings of success. She's a busy doc, but her staff put me on a cancellation list and gave me several options to move my explant date up. Highly recommend her and am thankful for her approach to medicine and commitment to helping people heal.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

I found Dr Kolb after nearly a decade of trying to find a doctor who could help me. My breast implants for cancer reconstruction were killing me. The minute Dr Gordon, in her office, removed them and I woke up I knew I was going to get better. I no longer felt like I was being slowly and systematically poisoned. She has helped me battle the mold, the infections, the fatigue, the devastated gut, the numerous allergies and sensitivities I developed from this illness. She has always responded to every email I have sent her within 24 hours and sometimes sooner. Dr Kolb has a unique perspective on some things that for someone unable to consider theres more to healing than a prescription might be offsetting. Yet this is what makes Dr Kolb so valuable to us - she has the skills to help us find our answers when there is no test or tests are unavailable to us for some reason. This is a basic, albeit understated, office servicing thousands of women whose lives depend on Dr Kolb. I for one am grateful. She gave me my life back and is helping me heal from this horrible illness caused by breast implants.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

Dr. Kolb saved my life. I was seriously ill for 6 years and had many misdiagnosis . I was about to give up until I saw Dr. Kolb on Monsters Inside Me. She performed my Explant 3 years ago and I am regaining my health. She works very long days and is always available to her patients. She has a lot of good information lying around her office. Everything she has muscle tested me for that was positive was backed up by blood work . You may have to wait awhile due to she spends as much time as you need and answers every question you have. Her office staff is very courteous. She is the most caring and compassionate physician I have ever had. Her years of expertise and knowledge is absolutely incredible. I have met women in her office from all over the world. I highly recommend Dr. Susan Kolb.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I originally got implants for breast reconstruction due to a double mastectomy. For a number of years, I saw numerous doctors for what I thought were unrelated symptoms and they were never able to help me. My symptoms progressed, and for a year, I was extremely sick. None of the 20 local doctors I visited were able to help me. When I finally figured out on my own that my implants were to blame, I chose Dr. Kolb due to her experience helping very sick women. In my first visit with Dr. Kolb, she recommended some medication and supplements that started me on my path to recovery even before explant. I was very happy with the explant and so thankful to have Dr. Kolb to help me through the recovery process. It has been over 2 years, and I still travel on an airplane to visit Dr. Kolb more than once a year as she continues to help me. She also does a great job communicating remotely to answer all my questions and help resolve new problems. She is super smart, has a tremendous amount of experience with BII, and truly cares about her patients. I don't know where I would be today without Dr. Kolb and definitely recommend her to anyone who needs an explant, but especially to people who are sick and would like help in the recovery process.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

When I discovered that my implants were ruptured and possibly the cause of my debilitating symptoms in February 2015, my husband and I began carefully researching to find a doctor to remove them and decided on Dr Susan Kolb. She and Dr. Gordon removed my implants, 4 silicone laden axilla lymph nodes, and performed a lift in March 2015. I am more than happy with my aesthetic results. Dr. Kolb, without question, knows more about safe surgery and curing Breast Implant Illness more than any other plastic surgeon or doctor, in the world. I believe that she has made it her life mission to help as many women as possible and that includes taking calls and emails literally 24/7 from everyone, even from those who can't possibly see her, from all over the world - without charge. Who does that?! I don't know of anyone else. She is overcommitted in my opinion... but, I am grateful to God and to her that I am one of those that she is overcommitted to. I am healing. For the first time in 30 + years and having at times to resort to a wheelchair, I have experienced being 99% pain free with many of my symptoms gone or improved. I have been in other plastic surgeons offices. They have a nice, new Kerig machine, trendy furnishings and give you a pretty white robe, but they could not help me to get well and offered only that my implants were not the cause of my symptoms. My experience with Dr. Kolb and her office staff on the other hand was reassuring, warm, patient, and helpful without the office fluff. This was before the online support groups exploded. With the recent awareness in the media of Breast Implant Illness, and because she is that good, her staff is overwhelmed with the influx of women. They are human. In a perfect world we would all be hugged, coddled, given a fluffy white robe, spoken to kindly, and treated with respect and patience. But, it isn't a perfect world and never has been. If you are older, very sick, have mold symptoms, had your implants a long time, have textured, or have ruptured silicone - I always tell women to consider going to her, despite her seeming peculiarities and the months that it will take to get in. The reason is obvious. She will take every precaution to do your surgery as safely as possible and knows what it takes to get you well. You must follow her protocol, which can be quite expensive, and you must continue to be your own advocate. If you aren't very sick and not very trusting of alternative methods and treatments or are a stickler for perfectionism and the correct professional decorum then you should probably use someone else.

Dr. Susan E. Kolb's Credentials

• Washington Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63110 (Grad. 1979)