Ratings for Dr. Brent R. Moelleken

Dr. Brent Moelleken has definitely sold me. He is the best! His bedside manner is impeccable and his staff, friendly and supportive. In May of 2014 I had a Bilateral Hip Replacement. I was 50 years old at the time. Two years after the surgery, the 4” scars in my bottom were concaving in. The first plastic surgeon I consulted with suggested performing Liposuction somewhere in my body, using that fat to inject into my scars. The problem with this method is that liposuction actually kills the fat cells, so he would have been injecting dead cells into the scars, with the hope they did not deposit elsewhere in my bottom. I was not willing to take the chance. After seeking a second opinion from Dr. Moelleken, I was sold on his ability to fix my scars. Brent suggested surgically removing fat from my stomach and implanting it into the scars. Simply, he would perform a tummy tuck to remove the live tissue from my stomach. After examining my stomach, we decided to go with the Hybrid Tummy Tuck. Even though I have a thin, athletic body, the fascia in my stomach had separated after giving birth to two children. I was left with a stomach that looked like it was full of cellulite and had that awful cesarean fold at the pubic line. It’s funny, I could never figure out why my stomach looked the way it did because I ate fairly well and worked out all the time. Dr. Moelleken assured me that it was the separation of the fascia and that it would never go away without surgery. I am currently 3 weeks post operation. I feel like a 20 year old. My stomach is taut, the scar line from the tummy tuck is precise and I can tell will fade beautifully. With the help of a little liposuction, I now have a more curvaceous figure and I love it. Oh yeah, the indentations on my bottom are completely gone, and the scar line is tiny. I have never been so happy.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I had nasal alar reduction surgery (a narrowing of the nostrils) performed by Dr. Brent Moelleken on 4/25/16. After two weeks, it had healed so flawlessly the surgery site was almost imperceptible and looked completely natural. Dr. Moelleken is highly skilled and takes the utmost care when working with his patients. Very happy!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I went to Dr. Brent to revise a facelift done 8 years ago by another doctor. The previous doctor had given me pixie ears and had taken too much skin under one eye, causing it to pull downward creating a round effect. It was horrible and I was traumatized. Dr. Brent spent a great deal of time going over the procedure with me and explaining what he could and could not do. When you have a pixie ear, there is only one chance of getting it right and I trusted that Dr. Brent could do this. He informed me that my skin was too tight and asked me to come back in a few years. I did that. Even though my skin was still relatively tight, he said there was enough give that he could accomplish this by pulling up some skin from the neck. The issue with my eye would be difficult as well, but he explained that he was going to pull up my cheek and anchor the muscle by tying a suture around the orbital bone above my eye. All of this sounds really scary, but I knew he could do it because I had researched him. I know he has an extensive celebrity clientele, and these people can afford to go anywhere. His first rate staff worked with me on payments, appointment dates and anything else I needed. After surgery, I stayed in an outpatient facility up there. The healing time was about 2 weeks. All I wanted was to look like my normal self. I'm 55 but look about 45. Initially after the first botched surgery, I did look great but because it wasn't done right, everything pulled downward with time. Dr. Brent informed me that the pixie ear was the toughest one he had ever done. But if you look at me now, you will see two perfect ear lobes and no sign of plastic surgery on the side of my head. It is absolutely perfect. Now I look like my late 30s. It's absolutely amazing. Again, this wasn't a goal of mine, I just wanted to look like ME. My eyes are great as well, although they will never be perfect because Dr. Brent cannot fix having too much skin removed. That type of procedure requires incisions on either side of the eye. I do have scars there that look like crows feet that I wish I didn't have. But, there is no other way to do this surgery so given my alternatives of having an abnormal eye or the crows feet, I take the latter. I'm hoping with time that the scars will diminish. He said he will work with me on minimizing it. So, the total picture is that I look like i had NO plastic surgery. It isn't overly pulled, tight or strange looking. It looks like me. If I would've gone to Dr. Brent initially, I never would have had these problems. The issue the first time was cost, but let me stress something: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Now, with two surgeries and all these issues, I've spent more than if I would have used Dr. Brent in the beginning. I'm going to go back to him to have him fix my hairline. The first time around I had a brow lift, but I never should have done it inside my hairline. Now my scalp is pulled back too far. Dr. Brent said he can fix this and pull it forward. Yay! So, when I'm done with that, he would've redone everything I had fixed the first time. He is my new hero and I wouldn't think twice about having him perform any plastic surgery on me. He is totally honest and up front -- he will tell you if the surgery cannot get good results. He has a successful practice and doesn't need money that badly to do a botched job. I wish everyone I hired for something had this much integrity.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr Moelleken is the best decision you could make. I had multiple surgeries with him and one of which was corrective! I have very minimal scars and am beyond happy with my results. He listened to all my wants and concerns and I couldn't be more happy with the results. His staff is always so kind and helpful. I did so much research into choosing the right surgeon and he was the number one choice.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr Moelleken is a great surgeon. He's very caring and easy to talk to. I have complete confidence in his ability. I had great results from a revision surgery. His staff is very professional. Penny his office manager is so helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr. Moelleken is terrific. I have used him 3 times. (Facelift, neck and brow lift). The results are very natural looking, not pulled. Recovered very fast.. but then I follow all instructions and am generally healthy. I have recommended him many time to others without reservation.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

*****The BEST of the BEST ~ in every way!! I traveled cross country for some revision work and it was well worth the journey. From the welcoming, warm office environment to the incredibly brilliant work of Dr Moelleken, here is the Gold Standard for plastic surgery!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I had a breast life and implant removal and replacement from a surgery gone wrong four years ago. Since surgery I have been great! Recovery was a breeze... No pain at all. No issues, problems or concerns. I have feeling and most importantly healthy, soft breasts! Dr. Brent and his staff are amazing! The information, care and follow up by all has been wonderful!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Moelleken is a very caring, highly skilled, and experienced surgeon. I got great results. He won't steer you wrong. He has expert techniques, it's very hard to tell where the work was done, his scars healed so perfectly.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr Moelleken was great! He is the only surgeon I consulted with. I felt comfortable with him and trusted my instinct that I did not need to "shop around". He's good and his work is very natural looking. He is very pleasant and easy to talk to. He has a great staff too!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Brent R. Moelleken's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1985)

Commercial Insurance Company