Ratings for Dr. Mirela Miciu

Shes is very nice, if thats what you're looking for in a dentist, but she is irresponsible as a dentist and all she wants is money from her patients. She told me I had 7 cavities upon my first visit and upon taking the xray suggested I should just 'pop out my horizontal wisdom teeth" even though they weren't growing and didnt bother me at all. She mentioned the surgery is a simple and quick one and not a problem at all. Luckily I got a second opinion on cavities and wisdom tooth and my current dentist said I was cavity free and that my wisdom teeth surgery would be a rather complicated one so he didnt suggest I go through with it. He also said whoever cleaned my teeth did an awful job.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I don't understand some of the negative comments about Dr. Miciu or their experience. She and her staff are extremely friendly and patient with you, and spend the extra time with you to make sure you are happy with their service. Other dentists want to give you fillings and charge you more money. Dr. Miciu actually recommends only what is absolutely needed.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Horrible work done on my teeth. Don't go to her she just care about monnnnney.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

worst dental experience ever! she's rude to her staff, and doesn't listen to her patients concerns. dr. miciu needs more people skills and should take a refresher course. worst dentist ever!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Extremely kind and gentle. I am terrified of going to the dentist, but Dr. Miciu makes it better than bearable- - I actually look forward to going to Carlton Dental. She explains procedures and is never pushy or greedy like other dentists. The staff are great at fitting you in when you need an appointment on short notice. Everyone is very friendly and polite. Dr. Miciu did great reconstruction on a tooth with a reasonable price, another dentist told me could not be saved. We've been seeing her for 10 years and wouldn't think of going anywhere else. Would definitely suggest using Dr. Miciu for a dentist!!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

I have been going to her old office since I was 15 years old, same like my parents and my grandparents. We have been her patients for almost a decade. Her staff was always courteous, king, and caring. She is honest, she doesn’t exaggerate any situation, nor does she try to up sell you on some dental services. I appreciate how she explains everything to you during the procedure, even without asking. She cares that you know what’s going on with you teeth, unlike some other dentists, who will just work away without clueing you into what’s going on. Recently, I found out that she moved to a new location and I feel sorry that I live so far away from that place. It’s not easy to commute from Woodbridge to Downtown… I wish her all the best and I am sure she’ll treat wonderful people and she’ll continue to be successful… Best regards from Matteo…

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

This dentist has recently opened a practice at 25 Carlton St. Overall, I have had a very poor experience with her. Patients do not seem to be her first priority. It would appear from her behaviour that its ultimately her business and money that she cares most about. She pressured me to have invasive procedures done, which other professionals (second opinons) advised me to be unnecessary. She also told me her new xray machine was digital and therefore had no radiation - this is clearly a lie (as radiation is how xrays work...). I would strongly recommend choosing a DIFFERENT dentist, despite the fact that her facilities are very new. There are many others in the area who are much more patient focussed, knowledgeable, and ultimately more trustworthy.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Excellent proffessional dentist. Very clean modern equipped office. Excellent with children.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

She's nice in a very annoying way. Never stops talking, which interferes with the quality of her work. Overall, not a bad doctor, but she doesn't exude (or inspire) confidence when it comes to complicated procedures.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2012

Overall, in terms of quality, skills, fees, willingness to help you to keep your natural teeth,…it was the worst experience during my 40 to 50 years dental treatments and services. Try an alternate service before you get bankrupt and all your mouth will be full with maladjusted, falling crowns and bridges. And... be aware that will be ALWAYS your fault because you did this and that and…..

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012